Aftermath

Tris got hit in the spleen and gut, the surgery was complicated.. She was sick for weeks in the hospital barely alive. Tobias watched her fight everyday, knowing he could do nothing. But he knew she'll make it. She was Tris. Strong Tris. Brave Tris. HIS Tris. He stayed with her. She barely spoke. But she saw him and she knew she could do it. And so she did. Excruciatingly slow she got better. He helped her in every way, fed her, brushed her hair, carried her in his arms and put her in a wheelchair so she could go outside. She got stronger, started smiling, started talking and with his support started walking. Finally she could leave the hospital. He took her home.

Three years pass.

Tris sits infront of the mirror and stares at herself. There's nothing that can make me look beautiful. Sigh. Suddenly she hears voices outside. Christina is saying "No! Stop! I wont let you!" and then she hears Tobias. "Come on just a peek please!" and Tris feels a laugh bubbling in her. She's knows Christina won't let him in. Afterall bad luck isn't what she wants for her best friends on the biggest day of their lives. She smiles. Outside Tobias keeps insisting with Christina till she threatens to come in and ruin how I look. Tobias laughs in disbelief and calls out through my closed door, "i don't have to see I know you look beautiful! Now hurry up i'll be waiting for you!"

Tris stands with Caleb their arms linked. Suddenly she is nervous. What if she trips. What if people say he's way better than she is. What if-- the door suddenely opens. The moment has hit. She laughs because she's afraid of what she wants most after everything she's been through. And with that laugh she steps on the aisle with Caleb. She hears applause. The few friends they had were all there. She looks up and there he is. Another laugh bubbles through her. He looks so constrained and awkward in a suit. But then their eyes lock. And she feels all her apprehension melt away. He has eyes only for her. She feels like the most beAutiful girl in the world. And also the luckiest. They speak their vows and kiss. He is hers and she is his. Now and forevermore.

THE END