Letters (×Demo)

The mail for the mercenaries arrived by their doorstep; letters and packages from their family, friends, even lovers. Ms. Pauling had brought the said items and left them at the table, leaving it for the guys to rummage through the mail. Everyone gathered around the mail-filled table, looking for papers that were addressed to them.

By everyone, I mean anyone but the scrumpy-loving, bomb making scotsman.

The last letter that he recieved was dated back four months ago wherein it had polaroid photograph attached that showed an old woman holding a bunch of freshly-picked petunias.

The old woman was his grandma- the one who served as his parent throughout the years, the one that motivated him to apply in Mann co. and the one that died from a cardiac arrest.

He could've been there to take care of her when she needed him, but the administrator didn't allow him to leave the premises. He can't even go to her wake nor see her face one last time before body gets buried.

Demo was snapped back to reality when he realized that everyone had already left the room.

He was about to go back to his quarters but he noticed a note that was alone at the table. Demo wondered to whom must it be for? Surely, it wasn't for him since he had no other relatives and the one he had is already dead. So he picked it up and went to his room, curious about the contents that the unknown sender had written on it.

Demo sat on his bed, his legs dangled at the side while he carefully opened the envelope. The envelope, might I add, had the name of the sender on its back at but had no recepient- From: (Y/n) (L/n), it stated.

He pulled out the letter and read what it has to say:

Dear stranger,

Hello! As you already have seen, my name is (Y/n) (L/n). You may call me (N/n). I wrote this letter because I would want to be letter buddies with you! Whoever you are. Honestly, i'm just really bored and I just want to get to know a person from a different area. I'm from (P/c) and i'm currently working as a (Job). I like to (interests/hobbies. How about you? What's your name? Where do you live?
-Sincerely Yours,
(Y/n) (L/n)

P.S.
Feel free to answer back to this letter. I hope you would :)

Demo had a face that showed a mix of confusion and uncertainty. 'Would he answer this random stranger's letter? Would he just ignore it?'. He thought about it for a short moment. This might be a sign for him to finally lighten up the gray and repetitive life that he has. Something that could make his days in this hellhole just a little bit interesting. Even if it means talking to a complete stranger. What did he have to lose? He looked for a piece of paper and a pen that was conveniently placed inside one of the unused drawers.

Dear (N/n),

Uh hello I guess? I recieved your letter and you really hooked me on this "Letter buddy" thing. Since its my first time doing so. Its also been a while since i've written a letter so forgive my handwriting. Well, let's see. I'm from Scotland but I moved to Tuefort, New Mexico to work for Mann Corporation as a mercenary. I played the piano, but we dont have those here. I like making explosives, and I also like to drink scrumpy. I guess that's your typical terrorist, but I promise you I'm not.

-Sincerely Yours,
Tavish Degroot

Rereading the letter, Demo felt accomplished, after many erasures and corrections this was the one that he would send to his new letter buddy, (Y/n).