Paper Heart (Pyro x R)

It was just another ceasefire day, everyone was off doing their own thing. (Y/n) and Pyro would be found drawing on paper as both of them sat on the living room floor. They recently decided to make their art time more fun with little gimmicks here and there 'cause honestly you can only get so far with drawings, imagination wise. Now they got to clay molding, stick building, and etc.

It has been hers and Pyro's routine ever since.

Today, (Y/n) decided, was origami day. To which the pyromaniac clapped in excitement as he ran to get some of the materials they might need for the activity.
When he came back, he found (Y/n) staring off into a distance, deep in thought. Pyro approached the girl, waving a hand on her face.

"Mmph?"

He muffled with a hint of confusion to it.

What was (Y/n) thinking about? One might ask. Well, no... she wasn't thinking about Pyro technically. But she was thinking of a good origami to impress him with.

A diamond? Nah, too difficult.

A boat? Nah, too basic.

Hm, how about a crane? Yes, definitely. He's gonna love it.

(Y/n)'s thoughts were interrupted as she realized that Pyro was trying to catch her attention.

"...Oh, sorry Pyro! Got distracted there for a second..."

(Y/n) chuckled

Pyro tapped on his wrist with his index finger then pointed to the materials spread all over the floor.

"Oh yeah, lets get started!"

Minutes turned to hours as both of them were in the zone, wanting to finish it as fast as they can, with the best outcome of course.

(Y/n) kept glancing at Pyro to see what he was doing, but she always got caught and now he's facing the other way.

'Fine, then I'm not showing mine either!'

Pyro ignored her statement, much to (Y/n)'s dismay but its not a big deal so she went back to her work.

When they finished, they hid their paper art behind their backs, wanting to surprise by the other.

"Okay! Me first. Close your eyes."

Pyro covered his eyes with his hands and waited patiently.

"Give me one of your hands..."

He removed his right hand from his eye, but made sure that his right eye was closed as to not spoil the surprise.

"Alright, open 'em"

Pyro opened his eyes and looked down.
A little paper crane sitting on the palm of his gloved hand.

"Oh, you can also pull the tail so it would look like its flying!"

(Y/n) demonstrated this with the crane she made for herself. Pyro carefully pulled the tail of his crane, and was amused as he repeatedly did it.

He then pulled out his balloonicorn like how a magician does it to his rabbit- out of nowhere. After some time, he placed the balloonicorn on the floor and sat the crane on top of its head.

"It's your turn to show your origami"

(Y/n) said to Pyro, curious as to what he was so focused on making that she wasn't allowed to see.

Pyro made her close her eyes too and made her place her hands out. He then placed his paper art on her palms and made a sound of approval.

(Y/n) opened her eyes and saw a red origami heart.

"Aww, Pyro that's so sweet of you..."

Pyro then made a gesture- making a heart-shape with his hands and pulled it apart.

(Y/n) was a little confused but Pyro pointed to the heart origami, as if to say that i should pull the ends apart. Ohhhh. she did so and surprisingly, there was a message inside:

"I love you" -Pyro

With a drawing of his ballonicorn with another ballonicorn.

(Y/n) stared at this message for a while. Pyro's fingers fidgeted from, what she assumed as, nervousness.

There's nothing to say, honestly. Nothing but it being the cutest thing ever!

(Y/n) hugged him tightly, to which Pyro replied with a shocked muffle.

"Thank you... I think I love you too"

As Pyro heard this, he jumped with (Y/n) in his arms as both of them giggled hysterically.

------------------------------

Later on, the rest of the team went inside the base and saw (Y/n) and a sleeping Pyro sitting on the couch- Pyro's head was laid on (Y/n)'s lap while (Y/n) had one hand on her side and the other patting Pyro's head.

Different reactions came out of the mouths of the mercenaries. Some made disgusted sounds, some were amused, and some didn't really care.

"Well ain't that just the cutest thing?"

"Ugh, get a room!"

"Shh, shut your trap"

(Y/n) turned to the source of the noise, and flushed in embarrassment. 

Well, shit. Let's just hope they don't tease you tomorrow...

[774 words]