37. Deal?

NH

"All I remember is some guy walking into the bar, asking the bar tender something, then suddenly, I remember LT coming up to me. I was drunk mind you, he told me some address and got me to pass the message to the guy who came in. So I did. I didn't know what I was doing, okay? All I remember is that LT was the one who gave me the address, to which, I don't even remember what. So really, ask him how he got it."

"And did he make you say that your name was Liam?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

His eyes widen with realisation, before he nods hurriedly. "Yeah. Now that you mentioned it, he did get me to say my name was Liam."

I heave a deep, annoyed sigh. "I don't get it. Why does he even want Harry's address for? Why did he want you to pose as Liam?" I ask under my breath.

"Here's your chance to ask." He suddenly says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

He nods his head to the side, gazing behind me. I slowly spin around, the blood in my veins running cold, and my heart suddenly feels like it's crawling back up my throat.

You know those scenes in movies where the popular kid strolls down the hall and everything is in slow motion? It feels exactly that. Only thing, this feels real and this has only happened to me twice. One being right now, and the second, when I met Harry for the first time in the club when we crossed paths.

Leo's eyes catch mine, fixing his gaze on me, a knowing smirk on his lips. I swallow thickly, a shiver racing down my spine. Nothing like how when I first locked eyes with Harry. This feels much more... 'spine-chilling' where breathing almost feels like a chore, air just wouldn't want to enter your lungs, which makes your heart race at tremendous speeds.

He confidently strides towards us, expertly manoeuvring his way through the crowd before he's just meters away from me. His smirk widens as he takes a last step towards me, his body towering over me just slightly, more than enough to intimidate me. Shit, I really wish Harry's here.

Usually, I wouldn't be that nervous to meet him. But for some reason, tonight I am. Maybe because this time, it involves Harry and I don't wish for anything to happen between us.

"Hello Niall. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" He says, all too innocently, with a way too friendly smile. I angle my head in a nonchalant manner to help keep up my brave facade, resisting the urge to take a step backwards.

A tight smile forms on my lips. "LT." I manage to greet out, keeping my voice as steady as possible.

"Oh come on Niall, I thought we would be on first name basis by now." His smirk widens.

"Leo Tatum." I say, with an overly exaggerated false smile.

He chuckles. "Good to see you too, lad." He claps me on my back and I swallow back the profanities that are on the tip of my tongue. How the hell can he act like nothing has happened?

"Where's that boyfriend of yours? Thought you guys were joined by the hip?" He asks, pretending to look around.

I feel my fingers curling into tight fists by my sides.

"He couldn't make it." I speak lowly through clenched teeth.

"Oh?" He brings his eyes back to mine. "He must be too busy working at the studio." He clicks his tongue, shaking his head. "He's always overworking, that lad. No wonder his studio's doing so well." He sighs melodramatically. There's a sudden rush of blood to my head, my veins feeling like it's swelling up, just waiting to explode.