Winter Fire

"I think it sounds kind of weird." I said while reaching for a bowl in the cabinet.
It was early in the morning and Sophia and I were making a whole breakfast. Aka cereal.

"Well, I think it's romantic."

"Get the milk."

"It's already on the table."

After I got the box of cereal, we sat at the table and I mocked the poem "Your hair is WiNtEr FiRe,
January embers,
My heart burns there too."

"It's a cute poem!"

"It's a haiku! Who writes those?"

"Does it matter? If someone actually wrote that for me I'd be flattered and you would too" She said to me before starting to eat her cereal.

"That's not what people do when they're in love with you. When someone loves you they care for you, and listen. They want to get to know you and they had you when you cry. They'd wake up at 3am to buy you chocolates on your period or hold your hand when you're scared. Someone that loves you still loves you when you're wrong about something. Cause that's love"

She looked at me with an unamused look. Like I did all that talking for nothing.

"Well, Y/N, you do those things for me and you aren't in love with me so it's not always like that"

I looked down at my cereal and stirred it around. "Sure I'm not." I mumbled.

"What?"

"I said I guess so" I told her before throwing my cereal away. I wasn't hungry anymore and my cheerios were getting soggy.

"I would've eaten those." She complained.

"Well sometimes people don't get what they want, even though it's so close" I said before walking out of the room.

"Where are you going??"

"Bed."

"But we just woke up."

"I don't care!"

I walked to my room and shut the door. After, I stripped down to my underwear and crawl in bed. I was instantly flooded by my feelings.

Of course I did those things for her. I did everything and all I ever got in return was her telling me that she thought some boy was cute. Then I'd have to watch while she cried because that guy hurt her. it was always the same. I'd look into those big blue eyes while wiping her tears and I'd tell her "You don't need a man."
And she didn't. She needed me.

Just then I heard the door open slightly and close seconds later. There were noises that that sounded like her shirt and shorts hitting the floor before the bed dipped behind me. It didn't mean anything. Just friend stuff as always.

"Y/N what's wrong?"

Silence was the only response before I felt her hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N?"

"What" I snapped.

I felt her shrink away so I turned around.

"Look...I'm sorry I ju--"

"Why don't you tell me anything?" She interrupted.

"What?"

"You don't tell me shit." she said, looking me in the eye. "Not how you feel, not what you want. You've never told me about a guy you've liked. It couldn't have been this long since you liked someone. You have to be interested in somebody"

"Not a guy" I mumbled before sitting up.

"What does that mean?"

"I don't like guys! I like girls and it's always been obvious."

She looked down at herself as if my sexuality changed something. Because I so obviously cared about staring at her body. I didn't want to be treated like that so I got up and started getting dressed.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Away."

Once I was dressed I started to walk out but she grabbed me. "Please, Y/N. Don't go. You're still my best friend."

Those words gave me the energy to push her off. "Exactly! I do everything. I try and put in all my effort for you to just call me your 'best friend'. These guys? They don't do shit for you, but you still cry over them and tell yourself you need them when you NEVER did! I've always been here to take care of you and you never thought that maybe, just MAYBE I could be more than just the fool that bends over backwards for you? I won't stay like that." I said before walking out of the bedroom and towards the front door.

When I was close to the door I was slammed against the wall with a pair of lips on mine. I knew she didn't mean it and that the pain would be worse afterwards but damn it I'd enjoy that kiss.

Her arms wrapped around my waist and mine were in her hair. We stayed like that making out until her hand started to slide up my shirt and I pushed her away.

"Baby, please don't go." She begged.

Even though her calling me baby and the kiss had weakened me, I knew they meant nothing to her.

"You don't want me, Sophia! You just don't want to be alone. I'm not stupid."

"No. I want you. Forget anyone else."

"No, you don't! It's been years and you don't come to this realization until I leave? We live together and you've never even thought about me that way. Don't try to keep me now that you're gonna have no one to walk over. I'm gone. I'll get my things some other time."

With that, I grabbed my phone and left the house I called my home. Most of all, I left a crying Sophia inside.

Woo woo woo should I do a part two? If no one comments or anything I'll go on with more imagines, but I'll still do it later.