Winter Fire pt. 2

After I left I stayed at a hotel for a few days. Sophia kept calling me so I decided to block her on everything. I needed to move on. I deserved better.

Eventually, I got a studio apartment across town from where my comfortable home with the girl I loved was.

• Flashback •

"Sophia! Get back here!" I yelled while chasing her playfully.

"You'll never catch me, Y/N. I'm too awesome and fast and awesome!"

We continued to run through the woods until we found a small waterfall.

"Woah. We should explore the wilderness more often." I said, awestruck.

Just then, Sophia started to take her clothes off. It was like something out of my fantasies and I hoped I wasn't dreaming. I honestly couldn't help it when it came to her.

Soon she was just in her underwear going in the water. "Come on!" She said.

"Is that safe? I don't want you to die or something."

"Awe. Are you caring about me? That's cute."

"Well you're like a hundred pounds to carry if you're dead. I care about my back."

She laughed and shook her head at me. "You're special, Y/N"

I started to strip to my underwear. If ya can't beat em, join em. As I got in I realized the water wasn't cold so I splashed her.

"Son of a bitch!" She yelled before splashing me back, starting a little war.

Soon, we had been swimming for an hour and it was time to go.

"Gosh, it's freezing now, Y/N. I'm gonna die." She complained.

"Welp. Did you think you would be completely dry getting out?" Because that obviously made sense.

"No, but can we just sit on a rock until we're dry? I don't wanna walk right now. Pleeeease." She gave me puppy dog eyes that weren't needed. I'd do what she wanted anyway.

"Of course. I'll get our stuff while you pick a spot." I told her. The sun was about to go down so I hurried to grab our things and sit next to her.

We sat there until she grabbed my hand and wanted to go home. I held her hand tight the while wat and when we got to the cabin we spent the night cuddling and watching Netflix.

It was two am and I couldn't sleep because of how Sophia was laid on my lap. Instead, I studied her freckles. I looked at the way they littered her cheekbones and the little ones on her nose. She was beautiful.

I started to run my hand through her hair and she snuggled into me. "Mmmph" She groaned. After that, she flirted to look at me. "Have I ever told you how fuckin beautiful you are?" That's when I knew how I felt.

•present •

I'd recently bought a piano room give my apartment a classy vibe. I sat down and stared at the keys, tears threatening to blur my vision. I loved you then and I love you now, Soph. I just can't let you hurt me.

I wiped my eyes and looked at the keys once more before starting to play. I played how I felt and quietly sang the lyrics as I went.

'I can't help but love you'

'Even though I try not too'

'I can't help but want you'

'I know that I'd die without you'

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I missed her. I was the one that left but I missed HER. It wasn't fair. She probably didn't even care anymore.

I got up from the piano and walked to my bed. I needed a place to cry.

Just as I was curling up in my crying spot, there was a knock at my door.
The neighbors don't like me, dafuq?
I walked all the way to the door before remembering I looked like shit. A part of me wanted to try and fix it but the lazier size won as I opened the door.

I looked up to the girl in front of me and resisted the urge to slam it and run.

"Hey.." Sophia said.

"What are you doing here?" My voice cracked. Wonderful.

"It's been too long without you, okay? Our home isn't a home anymore."

"That's not much of my problem. Go find a guy to worry about instead." I said before attempting to shut the door.

She held it open. "I don't want a guy. I don't want anyone else!"

"You don't mean that."

She pushed inside of my apartment and grabbed my arms. "You've been gone for months. No one has gone in the house but me. I haven't seen anyone. I texted you every day; You changed your number. Please, I'm begging you to come home. I can't sleep there anymore. I get it, Y/N. I was wrong. I didn't see what I had then and I under appreciated you. I won't do it again and I won't forget how important you are. Just tell me you still want me. Please?"

I studied her face. She has bags and she looked like she had been crying prior to the tears let out then. She was as bad as me. And I needed her just as much as she needed me.

I looked down at the floor and watched my tears fall. "I love you." It was all I could say.

I felt her arms around me, but it took me a minute to really accept it. When I did I finally felt home. For the first time since I left, I didn't feel like something was missing.

This time I kissed her. Her hands went around my neck and mine moved slowly up and down her waist. It felt right. It was how things should've been a long time before. I backed her into the wall slowly and kissed her harder. She smiled in response before I giggled and whispered to her. "Jump."

We kissed again as I carried her to the bed and threw her on it. I slowed the kisses and caressed her cheek before going to the closet.

"Y/N? What were you doing?"

"I'm grabbing my suitcase. We're going home."

Wapow! Finally done. Anyways, you should check out my book Nerds. It's a Wyatt book. Also, comment any spelling corrects because I was too busy to go back and edit.