Chapter Three: Halfway Confession

Sombra awakened to warm sunlight coming through the window. As he saw his sleeping Queen, he moved her hair away from her face. As Sombra got out of bed, he put the blanket on her, and left the room. Sombra made some coffee, thinking about how he felt about her. He decided to do the incredible... Prove his love to her! So, he went back into the room, sat on the bed, leaned in, and kissed her cheek. Chrysalis smiled as she began to awaken. "Morning, Love!". Sombra whispered. Chrysalis yawned, "Morning...". Chrysalis sat up, rubbing her eyes. Sombra nuzzled her. He held her hoof, making Chrysalis giggle. "You're quite the charmer, aren't you?". Chrysalis joked. Sombra chuckled.

A few hours later, Sombra led Chrysalis to the abandoned gardens at the back of the castle. "The blue roses of the north.". Sombra began, "Some ponies call these flowers, evil. You know why? They grow only, from the remains of the dead. They feed on them... but from that death, the most beautiful and rare flowers of the world are born. Beautiful... like you, my queen." Chrysalis gazed upon the roses around her. Sombra then held her hoof, and asked, "Will you stay... With me?". Chrysalis's eyes widened, then she smiled as tears began to swell. "Of course, My King!". She replied. Sombra and Chrysalis shared a loving kiss.

That night, Sombra sat by the fireplace and watched over his Queen as she slept, snorting every now and then. He chuckled, nuzzling her.