Chapter Five

THE FIRE CRACKLED BEHIND me as Colton dragged a mattress out of the bedroom and placed it in front of the fireplace.

"I'll sleep on the couch. You can have the mattress," he said as he went back to the room.

I wanted to protest, but it was probably for the best. Every time our lips met, I never wanted it to stop. We needed to sleep a few feet apart. After all, I'd only met the guy. A fling over the break was fine. I just didn't want to be a giant douche and give it up on the first night.

Colton came back with handfuls of blankets and two large quilts. "I think this will work, don't you?"

I nodded before looking into his deep brown eyes. "Thank you for everything."

Colton leaned down and kissed me on the forehead before laying blankets on the mattress.

"Are you tired?" I asked as I tucked myself beneath three blankets and a quilt.

"Not really," he admitted.

"Me either."

Colton turned over and propped his head up on his fist. "You know what? I think I have the perfect idea about how we can pass the time." He winked. "And you're going to love it."

*******

Cliffhangers,

Ooh! What do you think Colton has in mind for passing the time? ;) 

I know this was a super short update. Look for a lengthier one this weekend! <3 

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo