Nine

The ride there afterwards was peaceful (beside Rin muttering inappropriate things and your ears picking it up making you smack him). Other than that, it was fine. Rin slept in your lap and Juin stood as a squirrel on your shoulder. 

Before you knew it, you were there, your tents were issued, and everything was set in place.

"So, what do we do now?" You asked looking at Shura.

"Well, I was thinking we could do a bonding experiment." There were a few groans when Yukio said that.

"Yeah, bonding." Rin muttered to you.

You smiled at him before sending your attention to the two teachers. "Why don't we start off with a game before the bonding experience?"

"What kind of game?" Shura asked.

"I was thinking of a clever game to get the gears turning and the strengths weakened and the weaknesses strengthened." You started.

"Please, don't say what I think you're going to say." Juin muttered.

"I propose we play the game manhunt. It combines the aspects of hide and seek and tag." You explained.

"Why can't we play hide and seek normally?" Shima asked.

"Normal hide and seek is boring without the twists, Shima." You retorted.

Rin smiled from his spot next to you. He had to admit that no matter what other people said, you couldn't back off something very easily. You were a stubborn girl and he had to say he admired that about you (of course! that's what he was like too: stubborn as a mule).

"You made it too complicated, [Y/N]." Shura told you. "Just play regular hide and seek."

You grumbled softly to yourself. Rin shook his head at you. In a moment, the person who was it was chosen (Shima) and you all went off in separate groups. Rin tried to get you to go hide with him and Shiemi, but you declined. 

You had a weird feeling, and this game would be the chance to discover what it was.

You ran in a separate direction than everyone else, and you climbed a tree. Your goal was to get to the top to see what was near you and hopefully to get to the bottom of this.

"Stupid tree!" You mumbled as the bark cut your hand.

You got to the top and looked around. The sun was perched high in the sky still and it gave you enough light to see everything. Everything looked peaceful from where you stood except one. A white light was illuminating from the north in a field. 

It kept disappearing and reappearing like lightning.

"Claudia." You whispered to yourself.

You hopped past trees towards the field. If your cousin was here using her lightning, then that could mean only one thing: a monster was here. How and why she was here you didn't know and you didn't want to find out in the slightest. 

You found the clearing to see your cousin not fighting a monster at all. She was just simply practicing her lightning in a field. It was strange to see her once again with the practice of lightening in the air. 

She was the demon of Zeus and Hera: a purebred demon of sorts. You were just a mutt demon of Hades and Hecate. You jumped on to the ground to surprise her, but once landing on a twig, she spiraled around and shot lightening at you on instinct. 

You ducked her lightening only been scratched by a small sliver of it on your arm.

"Stop!" You shouted.

"Oh. It's just you." Claudia turned away before waving a hello. "Sorry about that."

"Cloud, what are you doing here?" You asked her.

"I'm practicing lightening. I heard what happened to you and your..uh... family. I think Joelle heard also." Joelle was the demon of Aphrodite and Ares, another mutt demon.

"No doubt that Akemi heard also. She probably felt it with her weird strange powers my father lent her." You sighed.

Claudia laughed at that. "You know he's also her father, right?"

"Yes, but did you know she hates me with a fiery passion since I'm the reason that he left her mother? I swear if I have to deal with one more ordeal of hers, then I'm going to obilerate her from this world." You responded.

"You still have your sword right? The blade of Gods: Kal'regulus? Let me guess. You haven't unsheathed it yet, have you?" Claudia asked.

Your sword was the only thing you brought everywhere including your dagger, but you preferred it over the sword. Unleashing the sword's mighty power could get something or someone killed if they were in its path. 

The question came across as absurd, but it was a question nonetheless. It must be answered.

"Never unsheathed it before." You shook your head.

"Wonderful, and I assume you can't break through lightening like you used to?" Claudia turned to you.

"Yes. Claud, what's going on?" You questioned.

"Nothing for you to worry about. Except..." she shot lightening at you. A cage wrapped around your body with the bars as lightening sparks locked you inside. "It's everything you need to worry about."

Claudia electrocuted you with her lightening, and you screamed. The scream could be heard for miles and miles. A certain demon with blue fire and deep blue hair heard it. It was sharp and loud, and the sound left his ears before he could think about what it was. 

It came a second time louder and longer than the first scream. He could hear the agony of the scream, and Rin Okumura turned around and shouted, "Y/N!" before running off in the scream's direction.