4

Nayeli [ Nai-Elly]
Kristien [Kris-Tee-N]

Carter "Boss Man"White

"Where's Tori ?" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Boy, you ain't too grown for an ass whooping."

"Mama, Why you asking me about that woman ?"

"Hmph, 'That Woman' didn't she have a Nickname The other day ?"

"What you getting at, Mama ?"

"Your Pride ain't gone keep you happy forever, Carter."

"Yeah, What makes you think i want to be happy forever ? I'm cool with my Babies."

"You know what i mean."

"I don't, actually. I also don't appreciate you speaking about me to Tori. She's just working for me, she ain't nothing special to me, Mama."

"I'm going to speak about you with whoever the hell I️ want. You must've forgot where you came from."

"I'll see you later, Mama." She shook her head laying Nayeli down.

"Uncle Carter, Mommom Said we were going with you ?" KJ and Kristien asked obviously annoyed. CJ And Kristi are my Nephew and Niece. My bother Christian And his Wife Kree were away on their honeymoon so they were staying with my Mother.

"Ro! Let's go." I put Nayeli in her Car seat and Grabbed her Diaper Bag. My phone began vibrating Shook my head heading to my Truck.

"What do you want?"

"Are you Home ?" She sniffled And I Frowned a Little.

"Nah, I'm leaving my Ma's. Why ? What's good ?"

"I'll tell you when i get there ?" I sighed pulling out of the driveway.

"Aight." Part of me was wondering why she had been crying, the other part didn't care, or at least that's what i thought. I thought about her the whole ride home, When i pulled in She was Already there in her car.

"Hi." She spoke nervously. She fiddled with her thumbs and Glanced at the kids behind me.

"You had something to tell me ?"

"Are we really gonna be this childish ? We've been working together for months now, I thought maybe i could talk to you. I don't have many people i can confide in and I trust you."

"What's Wrong, Tor?" She fought back a smile, i didn't realize i had called her 'Tor' i was supposed to be hating her right now. She headed inSide with the Kids, I followed behind them. She caught me looking at her ass and sighed.

"Aight, So What's Up?" She sat down beside me and Rolled Up her sleeves. My blood began to boil seeing the bruises on her arms.

"That nigga did this?" I asked looking at her wrist. She nodded before frowning. She took her hoodie off and She had bruises on her back, she winced in pain. My breathing got heavy, the main reason i chose the game because i wanted to feel like i had power. Growing up My Dad Abused My Siblings, My Mother,And I. I had it pretty bad, So did Mama. So seeing a woman or Abuse period makes me upset, I was traumatized.

"Relax." She placed her hand on my leg as i bounced it. I stopped.

"Alexi."

"What about Alexi ?" She lifted her shirt showing the Bruise across her ribs.

"And...He did this to my wrist."

"Why ?"

"He thinks his father and i are getting a divorce."

"Has he done it before ?" She shook her head and Looked me in my eyes. I could tell she was hurt, Physically of course but Emotionally too. This was her son, she probably was scared that he would even do something so drastic.

"He pushed me and when i cursed him out about it he grabbed my arms before i could slap him. Jerome, he said one of his friends from the firm saw us together at the hotel, so when he got home he pulled me out of the shower and he started hitting me." I nodded.

"Give me Your Keys. I need you to watch the kids." I grabbed a .45 and Gave it to her and Taking One for myself. I armed the alarm before heading towards the front door.

"Carter ! Carter!" I️ slammed the door heading to Tori's Condo.