8

I looked for the black dress in my dresser and put it on after a really long time. The last time I wore it was when my grandma died. I went to the bathrom and did my eyelashes and brushed my hair, tying a small strand of it in a cute braid.

It was the funeral day. I got home from school to get ready and Ashton was supposed to be picking me up. I told my mom I wasn't going to come home until later that night because Ashton had made me go to his place later where the other guys would cheer me up.

"Hey." I said once I opened the door for him.

"Hey." he greeted me back and pulled me into a hug.

"Are you all ready?" Ashton asked. "You look pretty." he said, showing his dimples, making my stomach twist. He looked amazing as always.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I was already feeling better about the accident and I knew that I only had the right to feel lucky and happy that Ashton and I weren't even hurt that night.

We were at the graveyard very soon and Ashton parked the car. I took a deep breath before stepping out of it. Ashton came bahind my back and looked down at me, making me nervously look up at him. I didn't want to see the desperate faces of the people who had anything to do with the man that's passed. Ashton reached for my hand and slowly, carefully intertwined our fingers. Butterflies filled my stomach faster than anything. His touch was making me almost forgetting about everything that was going on around us. I finally broke into a smile.

"Let's get over this already." he said.

There was so many unknown people, faces I didn't recognise. I felt like I was alone there with Ashton, separated from the rest of the people. Everyone was wearing black and the only thing that was livening the whole thing up was the freshly mowed, fragrant green grass.

"Hey." Ashton said quietly, shaking my arm and waking me up from my thoughts.

We walked to the people who were crying the hardest, guessing they would be the dead person's family, or the closest people. We shoke their hands and said our sorries.

"Did you know him?" an older woman asked. "My son, did you know him?" She was nice and even if her eyes were all cried out she managed to smile. I smiled back and shoke my head.

"We were right behind his car in the crash." I told her. She let a few tears and then pulled me into a hug. At first I was surprised, but then I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and I only felt her nodding into my shoulder. When we pulled away she looked at Ashton and smiled again, him doing the same thing, then she walked away.

After an hour or more walking at the graveyard and saying our sorries, and listening to the speaches from the closest people to deceased guy, we finally decided to go home.

-

"Guys! You came! Are you both alright?" Luke asked as he opened the door for us. I smiled and Luke pulled me into a hug.

"You both forget about everything, we're baking a cake. We've already started." Calum smiled.

"Has any of you guys ever baked a cake?" I laughed.

"No, but you can't really mess up a simple cake, right?" Calum asked and I laughed again.

"Let's see how good we are." I said.

We were in the kitchen, all of us holding some ingredients. Michael was holding his phone in his one free hand, reading the recipe from the internet.

"Michael, what next?" I asked.

"Hold on a minute." he said and scrolled through the phone.

"Can't you just read already?" Ashton chuckled after a few seconds of silence.