24

"Ashton."

"Hey, babe." he said and I could literally hear him smile through the phone.

"What's up?" he asked.

"I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, but I just wanted to hear your voice." I pouted.

"Aww, you're not annoying, you're cute." he said.

"Are you busy?"

"Not really, why?"

"Do you want to come over?"

"Actually, you'll have to come over tonight. My mom wants to have a goodbye dinner with you." he said, sounding a little sadder than before.

"Fuck, I'm leaving in a week and a half." I said, my stomach dropping on the floor.

"I love you."

"And you also never fail to get me in a better mood." I smiled.

"Come over, yeah?" he said.

"Okay." I said, just barely over a whisper, before I hung up. I got ready and walked to the living room where Sam and Sophia were sitting.

"Are you guys going anywhere right now? I mean, like, with your car." I asked.

"Do we look like we're going anywhere today?" Sam asked, clearly annoyed with me. I looked around where they had bags of chips and tons of popcorn, while they were snuggled on the couch, watching movies.

"You need a ride, don't you?"

"Please, Sam." I said and Sam looked at Sophia.

"It's totally cool with me, Sam. I need to go home anyways so you can drive me home and drive Maddie to Ashton's." she nodded.

"Fine." Sam sighed.

"Thanks, Sophia." I said and she smiled.

For the first time after years of driving around with Sam, I had to sit on the backseats, because there was three of us, and it was a different feeling. But at least I had a ride. I thanked them once we arrived to Ashton's driveway and walked to their front doors, ringing the doorbell. A moment later, Ashton appeared at the door, grinning like a kid that just got new candies.

"Hey." I smiled. He leaned down and kissed me, mumbling a 'hi' into my lips.

"You look really pretty, I've missed you." he continued mumbling and I laughed. He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together, leading me into the house. We walked to the kitchen where his mom, Lauren and Harry were playing cards at the table. When his mom saw me, she stood up and quickly walked to me, engulfing me into a hug.

"Oh, I haven't seen you in so long! How are you? You look lovely!" she said. I laughed and thanked her.

"Come on, sit down, dinner is almost ready." she said and Ashton and I sat down. Ashton put his hand on my tight and since I was wearing a skirt today, he drew circles on my bare skin, sending goosebumps through my body.

"Maddie, do you want to play cards with us?" Harry asked.

"Of course." I smiled.

"No, you can't! I'm bringing the food." Ashton's mom laughed and brought the food she made on the table.

The lunch was nice, we talked about a lot of things and laughed a lot as well. When we finished, Lauren and Harry got bored, so they left the table.

Anne was smiling at us for some time, then her eyebrows frowned and she let out a big sigh.

"What?" Ashton asked.

"I'm so sorry for you guys." she started.

"Mom, I told you not to bring this up!" Ashton said as I looked down at my fingers playing with Ashton's on my lap.

"I'm sorry! I just- I wish you two had more time." she sighed again. I squized Ashton's hand, trying hard not to cry. He looked at me.

"Do you want to go to my room now?" he asked quietly and I nodded.

"Okay. Have fun you two." Anne said before we left.

When we came to Ash's room, he walked to his bed and sat down on it. I closed the door behind me and leaned on it, letting out a big sigh.

"Come here." Ashton said quietly and spread his arms. I walked to him and sat on his lap, wrapping my arms around him and held him tightly.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" he asked and kissed the top of my head.

"You make me feel better with just being, Ash." I mumbled as a tear escaped my eye.

"Hey, babe, don't cry. Don't cry, baby." he whispered as he wiped the tear away and looked directly in my eyes.

"I love you." I whispered. He closed his eyes and nudged his nose with mine, taking a deep breath. My hands flew into his hair and played with the ends of it.

"Ashton?"

"Yeah?"

"Answer me honeslty, alright?"

"Alright." he said.

"Will it be over when I leave?"

He was quiet for a few minutes, and this silence was the most powerful scream.

"I don't know." he finally said. I sighed.

"I don't want it to be over, though." he said quietly.

"Me neither." I shook my head.

"Do you want to lay down?" he asked after a couple of minutes.

"Okay."

He laid down on his bed, and I laid next to him, his arms wrapping around me and holding me close to him. We were quiet, both thinking about lots of things that were going to happen in the future. After a few long minutes, I fell asleep.

-

"Babe."

I groaned.

"What?"

"Wake up." Ashton said and kissed my nose.

"No."

"Please." he chuchled. I opened my eyes and gave him an angry look.

"Aw, don't be mad at me." he pouted.

"I literally can't be mad at you." I said and he leaned down, giving me a quick kiss.

"You're staying here for the night, right?"

"Only if you want me to." I mumbled into a pillow.

"You're really cute when you sleep, by the way."

"Tell me you weren't here all the time." I said.

"Well, you were holding tightly onto me so I couldn't really move if I didn't want to wake you. I was kinda stuck with you."

"I'm sorry." I laughed.

"Don't be, it was worth it."

"It was worth watching me sleep and hearing me snore?"

"You don't snore." he laughed, "You're cute."

__________________

vote and comment please!