Chapter 1 part 1 : Friends

UMA'S POV:

I sat down on one of the rusty bar stools by the counter. Yeah I was only twelve, but my mother didn't care. She would make me work at her stupid restaurant until I was dead. "UMA! GET BACK TO WORK!" Shouted my mom from the back room. I stood up from my seat, collapsing back onto it when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my leg. I hated being forced to work at this sorry excuse for a restaurant. I threw my braids over my shoulder, stood up, and walked to the kitchen. My lunch break wasn't until 12:30, and it was 9 in the morning. I sighed and got back to work. Today was going to be a LONG day.

HARRY'S POV:

I jumped out of the dumpster, and spit out what I hoped was a leaf. I still couldn't believe I was  in a dumpster looking for food. But I really had no choice because my dad would not give me, Harriet, or Cj any money, or feed us daily. I crossed my arms. I hadn't found anything in there, and now my hook  was stained. I didn't want  to go home, because My dad would be drunk, and my sisters would be mad because I didn't find any food for us. so I'm going to stay out here. Not like anyone would be waiting for me. Anywhere. Ever. I sighed and kicked some bottles over. I sat on a empty bucket of pond scum. Today was going to be a long day.

UMA'S POV:

During my lunch break , I heard a loud crash coming from out back. I drew my sword, and went to investigate. When I got to the dumpster, I saw a boy about my age, with black hair, blue eyes, and thickly drawn circles of eyeliner making it look like he was beat up. He was holding a silver hook and he looked kinda like he had just Been in the sewer. " WHO ARE YOU!?" I barked at him questioningly. He replied whith a shaky Scottish accent " hharrry....... Hhhook" he looked scared of talking to me. His accent was hard to understand, so instead of "Harry hook" it sounded like "ary ok" I laughed to myself. He looked at me, Smirking. I didn't quite understand why, but It was kinda funny. " Why are you here?" I asked, gesturing to the area surrounding us. He replied " looking for food." And then he continued " I'm uh kinda hungry". Actually, He looked like he was starving. So instead of telling him to leave, I invited him in to get something to eat. When he said he didn't have any money, I laughed a little before telling him it was on me. I let him inside through the back door, and led him to the restaurant area. I started walk to go get him some food but before I could he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to the table where he was siting. I glared at him. If looks could kill he would so be dead. He let go immediately, letting me walk back to the kitchen smiling. Then Thinking a little to myself, I  kinda thought Harry was cute. KINDA.