Chapter 12| Secrets.

*Hayleys POV*

We got to the beach and immediately the boys ran to the ocean. I laughed at them pushing each other and set my towel up for tanning. Carefully, I spread sunscreen over my body and let the sun rays hit my skin.

"Watch Out!!" I hear the voice of Matthew Lee Espinosa screech. Before I could sit up or move, a beach ball hit my stomach and I jolted up.

"What the Hell?!?" I grab my stomach and Matt runs over to get the ball.

"Sorry 'Bout dat" he says In a girls voice and I can't help but laugh. I glance over at the boys who were playing volleyball. Hayes was trying to spike the ball, but failed. I decided to join them.

"You Playin?" Nash asks tapping his foot sassily. "Yes Mam" I laugh and he laughs too. I was on the Jacks and Matt team, and Nash, Hayes, and Blake were on Camerons team.

I hit the ball and we started playing for awhile. Our team was winning, 12-3.

"Ok I'm done" Matt says and walks over to where I was tanning. "Me too. You guys suck!" I laugh and walk over to Matt also. The rest follow and we end up joking and talking.

While I was fixing my hair Nash looked at my wrist. "Hayley, Whats that. Um. On your wrist?" He says slowly. The laughter stops and everyone looks at me. I glance at Blake and Hayes, who were giving me a 'what do we do now' now look.

"Um Well...." I pause and glance over at the ocean. "I used to cut." I let out a breath and Matt wraps his arm around me while the jacks Nash and Cameron stared in astonishment.

"I promise, I will never do that again. That was the old me." I partly lie. There really was no 'old me.' I'm still a little sad, but having these guys in my life help.

"Hayley, I know you think we'd be judging you, but we love you. We care about you. Just know we never want you to do that. And if you can't find a reason to smile, do it for me." Nash says with his signature quote. I feel a tear fall down my cheek and Hayes is quick to wipe it away. I glance over at Jack G who was looking away. I got out of Matts grasp and walk over by him.

"Jack? Are you ok?" He looks up at me and his chocolate brown eyes look dull.

"If fine." He says still looking down. I rub his back and soon hear him crying. The boys looking puzzled, while Jack J gave him a sad look. He must know what's going on.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask hoping he will tell me. "Yeah" he says and looks up. His dark chocolate eyes are now red and dull. He gets up and grabs my wrist. Since it's now getting dark not pmany people were around. We sit down at a table by the pier.

"Ok um." He sniffles. I grab his hands and look him in the eyes. "Jack. You can tell me anything."

He manages a smile and continues. "My sister. She um cut herself. Like you did." He looks down. I can tell this was hard for him.

"Oh, did she stop?" I ask. For some reason he smiled but it quickly faded.

"Well you could say that." I was still confused.

"We thought see stopped. Until one day I came home to her laying on the ground, lifeless. Next to her was a bottle of pills scattered. And well...That's was all" he starts crying again. Hell, by this point I'm probably crying too.

"She was a like you. A lot actually. Same humor, hair, personality. I wish I could just, see her again." He sighs and I hug him. The thing that killed me most was how I almost did that. But Hayes, he stopped me. Would I ever admit that to Jack? No. I'll never admit it to anyone.

-
-

"Goodnight tiger." Matt kisses my forehead along with the other guys. I was currently in the guest room bed, Hayes right next to me. He was already asleep and I just watched him. His nose flares up everytime he breathes. I laughed and kissed his cheek then snuggled up next to him and fell asleep.