0.2

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Sunday, 4 June
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

Like that man asked, I followed our arrangements to a bar on the following day. It was about quarter to three, and I was worried the door would be locked but fortunately, it was not. There was not a single soul here though, I suppose being a bar and all, they weren't officially open.

I didn't notice a single person in the room, until I headed towards the bar and a man jumped up to see me. "Sorry we aren't open right -" He stopped as he looked me up and down. "Are you Mr. McLoughlin?"

"Yes."

"Oh, then Mr. Jameson is waiting for you in the back office. Just past the bathrooms." He instructed me and I made my way through the empty building all the way to the back, when I noticed a door that read "Mr. Jameson" on it, I gently tapped my fist against the old wooden door.

"Come in!" He called.

I did just that, I let myself into a room that was decked out in all sorts of jewels and expensive things, bottles lined the wall in a fancy cabinet and behind the desk sat a man who was not who I anticipated. I thought him to be a plump and unappealing man, but Mr. Jameson was nothing of the sorts.

No, he was your.. Tall, dark and handsome. His almost black hair was slicked so it didn't mess on his forehead, he had a beard but it was trimmed and looked expensive in of itself. His eyes were a gold color and he his features were sharp, yet they held all of the necessities to be perfectly soft.

I settled in the chair, immediately being intimidated by him. Whatever job he offered me, I had no way to live up to his expectations and what he offered to the nightlife industry. I was more than nervous at this point.

"I.. Know things about you." He told me, and that was enough to make me shift around uncomfortably in my seat. I took a deep breath and tried to relax a little. "I remember your name being in all the papers, the boy who almost made it through school without doing a single assignment.. Simply sleeping with teachers to get the grades he wanted."

"Why bring it up? Is it relevant anymore?" I asked, so many thing lead to that awful moment, and I didn't want to remember it.

"To me it is." Was all he said. That was enough though, and immediately I felt myself becoming more and more apprehensive. "So, this person who ratted you out. Who is he?"

"My ex." I responded without batting an eye, might as well be honest.

"I see.." He trailed off. "Do you think he loved you?"

"Yeah."

"But.. He did this."

"That's not on him."

"Oh?"

I took a deep breath, "It's on me." I clarified. "He loved me, and I loved him but.. I only loved him sometimes, it would seem. Only in the times in which it was most convenient to me." I suppose Mr. Jameson was quite pleased with my sudden honesty, but it made me sick to think of myself as so awful.

"You're probably curious as to why I've called you here." He laughed a little. I shrugged. "You were in here last night, and you've been here a few times. When you leave, a lot of my patrons ask about you."

Ugh, his patrons. Gruff men who were no better than scraps. "So what?"

"I just wanted to offer you some work. I think someone like you would be good for business." He explained.

"What kind of work?" I asked.

"Nothing you're not up to." He gave a shrug. "I think simply having you around is good. I have a belief that it will ensure they stay longer and spend more. Essentially, I'm just going to place you as bait."

"Baits?"

"You're not the only one." He gave a laugh. "There's a few others who I pay to simply sit in the bar and converse with others. Maybe a few other things if they're up to it."

"I don't know."

"You're telling me you can't even sit at a bar and flirt?" He raised his eyebrows. "I pay handsomely, you know. And someone with your.. precarious situation must need something like this."

I swallowed hard, and in order to convince me, he wrote on a piece of paper and slid it across the desk. "That much a night."

"A-A night?" I went wide eyed, sheesh, I made this much a week at my job now.

"I told you Jack, I pay handsomely," He explained and I took a deep breath. "For handsome men." The compliment made me flush a little bit but he did nothing but smile. "What will it be? Will I see you here tonight?"

"Y-Yes." I nodded my head and he seemed very pleased with me.

"I'm very glad to have you on board, Jack. Be here at six and you can talk to Hale." He explained. "Hale will be able to tell you everything you need to know."

I nodded and left the establishment after that. I was pleased by the idea of making more money, I could move out, have my own place, and not have to deal with becoming contact high all the time and I would be out of a pigsty.

Maybe I would be able to quit my coffee shop job and then I would never have to deal with Mark again.

Mark.

Thinking about him made my stomach twist. Why did things have to go so wrong? I could only blame myself.

No.

I had to stop blaming myself. He was the one who flipped out. He was the one. It was.. me.

I was practically swimming in my own thoughts and it pained me to no ends.

AN:

Hey guys! I'm back! And I'm very excited to be back! I haven't completed finals yet but honestly like it's not the week OF finals it's the week BEFORE that kills so I'm really happy to be here and be writing again!

I wrote a little bit while I was away and so yeah! I've got some stuff to show for.

Rinny