Chapter Seven

Thanks to everyone(especially Townie_A ) that has come this far with this book. Every vote and comment is appreciated.

**********
Tooke woke up to muffling sounds. She flicked the switch of her lamp on and saw a crying Murewa. Disturbed, she decides not to leave her on her own.

   "Murewa,what wrong? Are you okay? She asked clearly bothered

" I'm fine Tooke,go to bed"

"No,you're not" Tooke stated firmly "The Murewa I know is a fun loving,strong lady not someone who will just wake up to cry in the midnight without reason so spit it out"

    "I broke up with  Temi" she managed to say

"Shit,that happened while I wasn't around. What happened?" Tooke asks

"You know you weren't around and I was bored so I went to his room. It was a Tuesday night, normally we don't see on Tuesday's because of busy schedule that day" She paused to wipe a tear off "I got to his room and enters without knocking and caught him undressing a girl

   Tooke pulled her roommate closer to comfort her,she could totally understand the situation.

" Can you believe he said I sent him to another girl's arm because I refused to sleep with him" Murewa said completely recovered from her crying state

   "He's a jerk for saying that instead of apolozing and guess what,he's not worth your tears" Tooke retorted

   "He bombarded me with calls after that but I refused to pick,I didn't even cry after it happened until I say them together this evening at the lovers park cuddling each other".

   "I'm so sorry Mure, you really don't deserve this. I just hope you will find a better person that will treat you right"

   "I hope so but for now  I'm just going to keep enjoying my singleness while going dedicating my self more to the fellowship until the right person comes by" Murewa said    now in her friendly mood ", I'm so sorry for disturbing you"

   "You will never disturb me my friend" she gave Murewa a last hug and moved to her bed. While on her bed,she started to think about what just happened, what will life be without Kolade. No! She couldn't imagine life without him. He was her lover,best friend and brother she never had.......

>>>>>>>>>>

"......so that will be all for today.Next class will be for the practical. Those who haven't paid their tuition should do so before next class or else there's no practical for them." Dr Ogunimo,the biochemistry lecturer said.

   Nabilah sighed as she heard the lecturer,she was among those who haven't fully paid school fees. She completed her note on what she had missed  from a course mate not too far away.

   She couldn't think of a way to get the money.She hoped the loan her mum applied for will turn out fine but at the moment she needed a faster route.

   Her phone rang and she picked it up. It was her childhood friend Ope,she was asking if Nabilah could come over- apparently there was "a matter on ground they had to discuss".

    Nabilah trekked to Ope's hostel as fast as her legs could carry her. At the corridor,she could already perceive the, aroma of jollof rice.

    " Ah,thank God.For the first time Ope is cooking for me. Goats will speak English today o" Nabilah joked with her friend

"You wish,this food belongs to me,myself and I" Ope said to her friend.

   Ope dished out Nabilah and her own food.They ate in silence and Nabilah thanked her for an amazing homemade meal.

    "What's up with you now? You're looking gloomy" Ope asked

  "The usual,money. I've not paid school fees and our practical is coming up soon.You know it's usually fifty marks"

" Don't worry about that.I'll discuss with my dad, you know he loved having you around in our secondary school days. He should be abpwe to squeeze out something" Ope assured her

   "Daddy's pet" Nabilah teased the politician's daughter

"That's me o,let's discuss the real issue why I invited you" Ope said

>>>>>>
Vote
Comment
Share
Tag friends to read

Nigerian books to read
Love story in Paris Phartmerh
Tales from a northern girl Fatima-Muhammad