8

Tuesday 18th December 2016
[ 쪽지 // 진영 ]

Hi Nari, thanks for the reply. I didn't think you'd actually try and read the part scribbled out. Anyways, how was your weekend? If you had a bad day, I hope you're smiling now because I'm writing to you hahaha ;)
I'm not expecting a reply from you, as long as you've got my note it's fine.

From~

The girl filled with joy and warmth, the same feeling she had felt yesterday when she opened up the note at home.

It was now break time, Nari and her friends were sitting on a bench talking about their upcoming classes, the subject slowly changing about the Christmas holidays.

"Do you guys have a theme for your Christmas tree or do you just randomly put on baubles?" Ara asked the group followed by a few gestures to help her explain.

Nari shrugged, she'd forgotten what her Christmas tree looked like...

"My family does a theme," Jisoo said.

Nari listened into the conversation for a little while longer before taking her phone out, unlocking it and pressing the little icon with the caption beneath it: kakao talk.

나리
Jinyoung! Remember you owe me ice-cream!

진영
Yes, I know. I remember.
Is it really necessary for you
to remind me?

나리
Of course! After giving you things all the time, it's your turn. Also, Christmas is coming soon so that'll just be my Christmas present :)

진영
Wow. Okay. That's your
Christmas present from me.
What's your Christmas present
for me?

Nari looked up from her phone, that'll just be my Christmas present. She didn't mean to send it and now she has to think of something to give him...

나리
What do you like?

진영
I'm just joking, don't worry
about it.

나리
Oh.. okay.

진영
Anyways, I've gtg.
Byeee..

The girl had been so caught up in her phone to the point where she didn't notice her friends reading over her shoulder.

"Is it the Jinyoung. As in the Jinyoung in your class, Bae Jinyoung?" Jisoo asked, the quick question catching Nari off guard.

Nari peered up from her phone, ears red feeling flustered by the sudden attack. She nodded her head really, really, really slowly.

"HOW DID HE GET YOUR NUMBER?" She screamed out, obviously excited and the most intrigued.

"Are you two dating?" Chaeyoung teased.

"NO, we're not! We're just friends..." Nari defended, however, the idea of friends lingered for a moment. What is her relationship with Jinyoung?

"Yo," Jisoo called out, grabbing Nari's attention and pushing her thoughts to the back of her mind. "How did you get his number?"

She swallowed. She retold the story, leaving out the recent note and how he owed her an ice cream. Other than that, everything was 100% told. As she was talking, her friends exchanged looks, smug looks. "And it's not what you think it is! " Nari prompted afterwards.

Or is it?

—

"Hyung, someone texted you!"

The oldest child looked over at his brother, getting up from his seat over to the table where his phone lay. He read the notification - From 나리. Just looking at the notification made him feel giddy, he was waiting for her reply all afternoon. He picked it up and swiped the notification taking him straight to the chat, "thanks Junho, you can watch tv now."

Jinyoung saw his younger brother grin widely before leaving him alone with his sister, "haha, Jinyoung said I can watch."

"No! I've been waiting for so long, can I watch please?"

That was all Jinyoung heard of their argument before closing his bedroom door. He peered down at his phone to see the message she had sent him.

나리
Yeah, I'm free tomorrow. Why?

               진영
    Do you finally want to get the ice cream you've been waiting for after school?

나리
Yes please, if that's okay :)

The boy felt a smile tug at his lips, he felt the giddy feeling only to be 2x stronger and he pictured the pretty smile etched on her pretty face. He didn't know where this confidence came from, he'd usually be the one to wait for someone to text him but with Nari, it was a whole different story.

진영
Cool. I'll just wait in class until everyone's gone.

나리
Same :)
What's your favourite flavour?
Mines Mint, forgive me if I'm a
bit weird but I love the taste of
toothpaste :3

Jinyoung smiled at the text message. He found it cute how Nari had these little quirky sides to her, considering the fact that he knew her since middle school.

Time wore on and just like that, the two had a conversation that lasted an hour, the two teens were happy as the same feelings and thoughts were shared between them, despite the two being in separate houses. As long as the boy and girl were connected with each other, nothing in the world mattered.

If only they knew that their relationship with each other was more than just being friends, everything would be different.