Chapter 1

Hey readers :)

So I've started a fanfic, after much thought, and it's the perfect project for summer lol.

It starts off slow, but gets better, I promise :P

This is the first chapter, it may not be too good, but I still hope you like it :)

SM xx

________________

Emily's POV

We looked up at the night sky as silence fell upon us, gazing at the sparkling stars form galaxies far and beyond and the bright moon. It was as if the sky was extra pretty tonight just for us. His arms were wrapped around me, warm and loving, as if he was protecting me from all the evils in the world.

Everything finally felt right. Everything finally, finally felt complete.

I had the guy I was truly crazy about right next to me once more.

I looked up at him to see his shining eyes staring intensely at me, his lips curled into a contagious smile. He moved a strand of hair away from my face and leaned in closer, his breath tickling my neck.

Our lips met, and it was as if sparks were flying inside me, just like always, and it was the best feeling in the world, being back in his arms.

"I love you Em, I love you and everything about you," he whispered, stroking my cheek softly as he pulled away.

And I guess that was our happy ending right there.

~*~*~

Okay, let me go way back to the beginning.

I'm Emily.

But don't call me that unless you wish to die painfully. I hate my name.

I also detest being called Emmy, Millie, and any other stupid nickname. So we'll just stick to nice and simple Em, okay?

I'm just a green-eyed, brown-haired, average looking awkward girl from a small place called Homes Chapel in Cheshire. Yeah, the same place as 'teen heart throb', Harry Styles.

Who happens to be my best friend.

I know what you're thinking. He's never mentioned a best friend before. That too a girl. Named Emily. Who he's been friends since they were in diapers, literally.

Yeah, that's because he's a dick. 

(I still love him though)

And seeing him turn into this hi-fi celebrity practically overnight was...weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of him and all, but he's barely ever home anymore, and we're not as close as we used to be.

He's not here to fight the mean bullies for me.

He's not here to make me laugh and smile and look at the bright side of things.

He's not here to listen to me ranting about my stupid new school, and make amusing comments about it.

He's not here for me. And I don't like that too much.

Call me selfish, but I miss it.

So our story starts on a rainy June afternoon. Yeah, I know June means summer, which means hot weather and sunshine and blah blah. But in England, it's always gloomy and miserable.

Anyways, forget about the depressing weather. I was sitting in last period French, which is basically sit-around-and-pretend-you're-studying-while-you're-doing-random-shit time. Which I guess is a really good thing since I can't speak in French to save my life.