Shrinking Into Shadow

~|Airi's POV|~

Ouran Academy. My new school, a giant mess of rich kids and pink halls. I visited the other day with my father, it's a nice place but with its endless halls and pink interior I'll easily get lost. I don't know anyone going there and I'm scared for my first day, not because of going to a new place but because of my crippling Social Anxiety and other issues. I have a few problems that make me the way that I am, the shy and timid girl of the school. I'll probably end up with no friends at the school for a while, well until someone wants to talk to me or we have a group project. 

I stared at my plate, half full and half empty. My father was sitting across from me and had already finished his dinner. 

"Father, I'm scared again." my hands gathered into my lap and sat together, huddled for warmth and comfort. 

"Why dear? Is it the thought of a new school, or the fear of the people there?" his soft brown eyes filtered to me as he lent on his palms.

"Both father." my reply was short yet carried multiple meanings. My hands played on my lap and I heard my father sign after a short silence.

"Is it still that bad?" the question may have seemed innocent to some, but to me, it was a twisted mass of horror and awaiting doom. Scenario after scenario whizzed into my head, all horrible and vivid. My whole body shook with terror and my breathing went hazardous. My father jumped to his feet and rushed to my side at the same time that the front door opened. My older brother was home now. 

"Tamotsu! It's Airi!" my father screamed for him. I heard his footsteps as my senses faded in and out. I saw a vague outline of two people now, my breathing heightened even more and was becoming sporadic, I felt hands on my arms and shoulders and someone swaying me softly. I shut my eyes as they watered slightly. Shoulders shaking and heartbeat quickening, I silently cried in fear and unknown emotion.  

Who I assumed was my brother, held me close as I shook and cried. Kissing my temple and letting me cuddle up to his tall being. I love my brother, he protects me and my fragile mind, he keeps me safe at night and when my fears attack. He's my hero. I love my father too but because of his age and work, he's not always there for me, he's still my hero. My father and brother are all I have in this world, all they do for me and give me I cherish with all my soul. My mother ran away from us all when I was four, I never saw her again, later on in life my father told me that she eloped with some rich American. Ever since then my dad doesn't want to marry again, it hurts him like it does all of us, but we're happy together. My father calls me his little princess, he did when I was younger and still does now. I like it when he calls me that, to me, it means that he still cares about me even with all my problems, and I couldn't ask for more. 

After my short episode, I opened my eyes and stared into my brothers. My eyes were still leaking water and I did nothing to stop them. The little droplets landed on my still laced hands and made me cold. Tamotsu grabbed my now damp hands and smiled at me, he always knew how to calm me down. The tears stopped after making his hands damp, I felt sorry but knew that if I did anything to apologise that he would act like nothing happened.

I looked around the room and saw my father with an upset look cast over his face, I hated hurting him like I did, but I couldn't help my episodes. He always managed to pull through them, it was his way of helping me with them. I stood and walked up to my father, dragging Tamotsu behind me. When I reached my destination I latched onto my father and held him tight, Tamotsu joining soon after and my dad closed the small circle and rested his head on mine. I sighed in happiness and smiled to myself, even with my problems, my brother and father made me happy.