Clouded Darkness

|Airi's POV| 

My brother was paranoid. I didn't blame him, he was worried about me, way too much. I promised him that I was fine and that it was just because of it being my first day of school. It really was, in a twisted way, so I wasn't lying to him again. 

When it was morning again and the horrors of last night were behind us, I reflected on how overdramatic it all seemed, but that's the thing, I can't control my episodes. I'm either empty of am having a fit, there's no in between and I'm just stuck in vertigo. There's that word again, I seem to get stuck in vertigo too much. 

When we left for the school that day I clung to my brother's arm again. My hood was pulled up to cover my face and stop anyone from noticing me. It also meant that my face was cool against the rest of me, allowing me some sort of thinking space. 

I couldn't sleep much last night, so I just stayed up and studied on the notes that I had gotten the day before, making sure that I was kept on top what I was doing and that I had a firm enough understanding of it all. Failing classes would be no help. When it was morning again I set to work on my families breakfast. 

Not much was said during that meal and I somewhat appreciated the silence. 

When we arrived at school, I said that I would meet my brother in class, and with much disagreement, he left to go and see some friends he made yesterday. I needed to walk the halls alone because Tamotsu wouldn't be with me forever, he was still a year above me and that means that he would leave a year before me. 

I remembered the path to my class and started walking the halls. I was scared, scared of everyone but I needed to do this. It would help me get better and that's what I needed right now. The sunlight shone in through the windows and that helped calm me, it distracted me from the students all around me. My nerves were on edge and I felt that I would just pass out from horror, but I was determined to get through this. I fought through all my fears and managed to get to my classroom. 

When I entered, I breathed a sigh of relief, because only the teacher was there and one of the nicer people from yesterday. When she saw that I had entered she smiled at me and I waved back, but only slightly. The teacher nodded at me when I entered and gave me a piece of paper. On it was all the times that I was allowed off campus because I had to go to the doctors. I've been going all my life so I was used to it. Reading over the list, I noted that I had an appointment very soon, before folding the paper and putting it in my pocket. 

I had noticed that the person from before had stood up and was making their way over to me, and the teacher had as well. He even stopped to watch and intervene if something went wrong. I was just thankful that some people were looking out for me. 

The person took the seat next to me, my brothers' seat and smiled at me again. She raised her hand for a handshake and I hesitated before raising mine. My hand was shaking slightly and I wished that it would stop. She saw my hesitation but made no point to make fun of it, or me for that matter. 

"It's nice to meet you, my names Haruhi and you?" her voice was gentle and her hand was warm against my cold skin. 

"My names Airi, nice to meet you Haruhi." my voice was quiet and full of nerves. I could tell that Haruhi noticed that as well but still refused to mention it. She smiled again and dropped my hand. 

"I'm sorry about the twins yesterday. They are a bit overwhelming when you aren't used to them. I'm just glad that your brother was here to help. You're okay now, though, right?" I felt myself relax even just the tiniest bit, and I nodded. My hand had stopped shaking and my heart beat slowed down. A foreign feeling lit in my heart and slowly I welcomed it. 

"I'm fine now, but I'm not really good with people because of some issues I have. My brother, Tomatsu, always knows how to calm me down when something happens though. Without him, I wouldn't know what to do sometimes." I let a small smile climb onto my face as I thought about how much I admired my brother, and the room seemed to light up as me and Haruhi continued talking. We spoke with each other more and more, and we started, at first slow, to become friends. Something I hadn't had in a while. 

|Tamotsu's POV|

When Airi told me to meet her at class, my mind instantly saw red. I was worried, was she going to make it. Would someone try to stop her and bully her? I watched as she walked into the building, and with only a moments hesitation enter. I watched her through the windows till I couldn't anymore, and thankfully no one took any notice of her. 

I left a little earlier than necessary just so I could check on her and see if something happened. I walked faster than needed to class 1A. When I was approaching the door, I started to slow down. Something melodic was coming from the room, it was so quiet and so full of nerves that I knew who it was straight away. 

I looked in the classroom and my eyes winded slightly to see my sister, Airi. She was laughing and joking around with the Haruhi kid. She seemed so peaceful and yet still had some nerves. She was smiling slightly and her hood was down, she never had that down unless it was absolutely necessary. She was normally ashamed of how she looked, but now she was showing herself to some stranger.

I entered the classroom as quietly as I could and sat on the desk behind her. I just watched the two communicate happily. Airi didn't fully trust her new friend, I could tell that as easily as Haruhi could, but that didn't stop the two from having fun. 

"Airi dear. Do I need to be introduced to someone?" she jumped slightly at my voice but turned to me. When she saw who it was her eyes seemed to light up and she smiled. 

"Tamotsu. I managed to make a friend, father will be so happy with me. I'm getting better.  This is Haruhi Fujioka and he lives on the street next to ours. Isn't that fantastic?" she seemed to radiate positive energy and I just smiled, happy to know that not everyone thought my sister was crazy.