Chapter 4: Zombies, another death and small memories

Alice, Naruto, Kaplan and the man, who just remembered his name, Spence walk out of the chamber and head back where Rain, J.D., and Matt are at. As they walk, Alice looks at Naruto who is holding onto his toys. She smiles at him and he smiles back. Just then, they all hear gunfire in the room. They all run to where the shots are heard. They find Rain and J.D. with their weapons out. Matt is standing by them. Naruto looks at Rain and sees her right hand is bleeding. She patches herself up. 

Kaplan: What was all the shooting?

Rain: We found another survivor. 

Kaplan: (Looks at her in disbelief) And you shot him?!

Rain: (Glares at him) She was crazed. She bit me. 

J.D.: She's gone. (Looks at the others) She's gone! 

Rain: (Walks to him) That's bullcrap! 

J.D.: She fell right here, but she's gone! 

Rain looks around the area for the crazed woman they found. As they do, Alice and Naruto look down and see blood on the floor, but there's something different about it. They kneel down and look at it. 

Alice: Look, look at this. 

Naruto: There's blood, but it's not much. 

Matt: (Kneels down next to them to look at it) Looks like it's coagulated. 

Alice: Yeah. 

Matt: It's not possible. 

Naruto looks and sees Matt picking up some keys on the floor. He figures it's the keys for the cuffs. He chooses not to say anything as they all stand up. 

J.D.: (Walks to Matt) Why not?

Matt: Because blood doesn't do that till after you're dead. 

Spence: Can we go now?

Rain: (Reloads her gun) We're not going anywhere till the rest of the team get here. 

Alice, Naruto, Spence and Kaplan have pale looks on their faces as they still remember what happened to One and the rest. Alice picks up Naruto and holds him close as he sniffs from the memory. 

Kaplan: There's no one else coming. 

Rain: (Looks at him with a shocked and stern look) What the heck are you talking about? (Walks towards him)

J.D.: (Hears something, stops Rain) Wait. Quiet. 

Everyone keeps quiet and listens. They all hear metal grinding. Naruto gets nervous and holds onto Alice tightly. She hugs him close as she looks around. Rain, J.D. and Kaplan have their weapons out and ready. Just then, they see people coming at them. A man in a lab coat is holding an ax as his right foot is twisted and he's limping. Alice and Naruto look at them as they look at a man in a suit. He turns to look at them and they see part of his face on the left side is bitten off. He grins and snarls at them like an animal. Naruto screams and hugs Alice more tightly. Alice's eyes widen and hugs Naruto tight and protects him. She looks around and see more people with lethal wounds. They are surrounded by them.

Kaplan: Don't come any closer! 

J.D.: My gosh. 

Kaplan: They're behind us. Jeez!

Alice: (Looks around) They're everywhere. Guys, they're everywhere. They're all around us. 

Then, a woman in a lab coat comes onto Rain, trying to bite her neck. Rain holds her back and after a moment, she grabs her head and snaps her neck. The woman falls on the ground, dead. Then, Rain, J.D. and Kaplan all fire their weapons at the people, trying to take them all down. To everyone's shock, the people just stand or get right back up after being shot. Alice continues holding onto Naruto to protect him. They continue firing at the people. Naruto watches this. He sees J.D. shooting at one of the containers. Steam erupts from the holes.