Chap 1 - In the Forest

Hey everyone! Before I start this story I just need to write this. This is a fan fiction of The Vampire Diaries TV show and I do not own this story. I only own Sky and her story arc. Everything else belongs to L.J Smith and the CW. 

I hope you'll enjoy this and I'm sorry if there are mistakes. I wrote this a long time ago and I haven't had time to edit all of it. I don't think it's that bad though.

Sofija xx

Damon's POV

It was easy, almost too easy. The girl was all by herself in the forest at a time like that. I mean it's the middle of the night! She must've been drunk but I couldn't smell any alcohol coming from her. Maybe she was simply stupid or she had a death wish. Even if she didn't know about vampires there was still animals lurking around the woods, especially during the night. 

Just as I was about to attack her, the slightly familiar blonde, I got interrupted. Before I could even take a step towards her I felt a body hit mine and I was pushed up against a tree. 

"Stefan, what a not-so-fun surprise", I spoke with sarcasm towards my brother. Out of all the possible people it could have been, it was of course was my goody two shoe of a brother. I would have preferred immediate danger to him. At least then the torment would end at some point. Stefan would bother me for centuries about my bad choices.

"What are you doing, Damon?", Stefan asked lowly which I smirked at. He knew very well what I was doing, it was evident on his tone. I didn't exactly know why he bothered with asking. Something I did know was that my smirk would at least irk him a little.

"I'm hunting, you know that thing that vampires do", I told him as if I was speaking about a new phenomenon and he glared at me for it. That didn't make my smirk disappear, instead it actually widened a little. It was so easy to push his buttons.

"You can't go around and killing people like this! People already suspect something and you going off like this won't help", Stefan said. If it was ninty years ago the conversation would've looked different. Reminding him of that wouldn't be in my favor though, so I kept about it. Instead I focused on the problem at hand.

"How do you know I was going to kill her? Maybe I just wanted a chat buddie while I sucked a squirell dry. Maybe I was trying your little diet ", I suggested, obviously lying. Of course I had thought about killing her, maybe not immediately but after some time. Letting people go after you fed on them wasn't that smart in my experience. 

"Don't even try, Damon. Both you and I know what you were going to do. You have to stop this. You can't just snap and kill", he said all morally. I couldn't resist the urge inside of me that told me to roll my eyes. Mostly I could but when Stefan went completely moral vampire on me I had to let it out somehow. I think he would prefer it if he knew that the other option was killing someone to prove a point.

"St. Stefan, always the one with the moral. Do you remember the taste of human blood? Can you imagine it? Sucking the life out of someone. Imagine the power!" He looked at me with that frown of his. I wondered if it was actualy stuck and he couldn't get it of his face or he if was just a too serious guy. Without any warning I was thrown into another tree. As I got up I let a dark chuckle leave my lips.

"Not bad, brother. Have you been eating bunnies again?", I asked just before I pinned  him up against a tree by the throat. All humor had disappeared from my face. When I looked at him I let him see the real power and threat that I was. 

"Never do that again", I said slowly and then I flung my brother away from me. I saw how he crashed into a three, almost breaking it. As Stefan painfully got up I kept my serious eyes on him. I needed to show him that he couldn't fight me, that he shouldn't even had tried.

"Damon, this needs to stop." Stefan said once again, almost begging me. The frown on his face had deepened and there was such human emotions in his eyes that I had to look away. I could see that he wasn't just asking for himself. Elena meant so much to him and I couldn't look at him and see the feelings I had once felt. The feelings that I never wanted to feel again.

"Whatever", I spoke in a monotone voice and turned around. The girl was since long gone and there was nothing else of interest in the forest. I also didn't want to stay and hear my brother preaching about what was right and wrong. The thing he could never seem to understand was that right and wrong didn't matter to me. Why should it have?

Sky's POV

When I heard the sound I looked around. I saw someone by a tree and just turned around and ran back to my house. If Elena even knew I was out here she would kill me, or tell Jenna, who would kill me. I'm really lucky that I could get up to my window by the bine. It was perfectly plased by my window and it saved me from get into truble many times.

Just as I got to the end of the forest I stoped. I could see a guy standing by the door. He knocked and then I saw Elena open it after a while. What did he do here, it's the middle of the night?! He told her something and I saw her looking my way. I was covered by the trees so she couldn't see me, but I swear the guy next to her looked directly at me. It was freaking creepy! Then Elena and the guy walked inside. I hurried and climbed up and into my room. I could here the footsteps nearing my room.

I closed the window and got out of my jeans. I had an band T-shirt so it could look like I slept in it. I got into my bed just in time before Elena got inside and I pretended to sleep. She walked to my window and tried to open it, but it locks it's self sometimes and I was really greatful that it did this time. Elena then walked to me and I kept up my fasade. I've got really good at not laughing when I'm pretendimg to sleep. I've snuck out many times to go to parties and stuff. Even if I was only sixteen I hung out with a lot of older people. The point is, I lie often and I pretend. It's easy and now Elena can't see when I do so or not.

"She's asleep, Stefan. I can see it on her. If she fakes she always smiles a little and then she turn around so she wont end up laughing. It can't be her you saw in the woods. It must've been someone else." Elena said. So the guy was Stefan. I might have seen him once or twice briefly but I hadn't really payed attention. He had said that he had been in the forest and had seen me. What had he been doing there? The strangeness of his words made me want to open my eyes and ask about it, which I knew I couldn't do. I couldn't ever ask either of the two since I didn't want them to know I had been out. I also wondered how Stefan had been able to get back before me if both of us had been in the forest at the same time.

"We just need to keep her out of there. Damon is a little unstable with the whole Katherine thing." Stefan said. What were they talking about? It was all just too confusing. It was then that I made a decision. Maybe I was too curious for my own good, but I wanted to know what they were talking about. I knew that there was one place I would be able to find out exactly what Elena and Stefan were talking about. One place where Elena wrote down almost everything about her life. Her diary.

With Stefan and Elena out off my room and that decision made I fell asleep with curiosity still lingering in my mind.

Here's the first chapter! I hope it was good. If it was, there's this amazing thing called voting :) Thank you for reading this!!

Sofija xx