Chapter 2

Mina

I woke up as the alarm rang beside me. I rubbed my eyes and got up as I opened my eyes. I looked at the time, 7.00am.

I got out of the bed and did a good stretch. I removed my clothes and went to have a good shower.

After getting ready, I tied my hair up to a messy bun and went to the mirror to look at myself.

Still ugly as always.

I went out of my room and went downstairs and to the kitchen and all of the maids were there.

After making food for breakfast, we had to wait for them. Me and Jiwoo were talking and laughing about some stuffs when suddenly the men came in, making the kitchen silent.

I swallowed my saliva as they went to the table. I realised that Guanlin wasn't there. Probably he was busy...

It was already 8.05am and the sun is rising. I stared at the window, trying to make time pass. I realised at how beautiful the garden was as the sun shone on them.

After the men left, we decided to eat since we were really hungry and before I took my food, Jiwoo stopped me.

"Wait...before you eat, do you mind giving this food to Guanlin at his office?" She asked. My heart started to beat faster at his name. "If you mind then it's okay-"

"No I don't mind..." I said quickly and straightforwardly. Woah since when did I speak like that?

"Hmm...okay then..." She said and smiled. I took the food and went up to his office

I stood in front of his office door. My heart was beating violently in my chest with fear. I took a deep breath before twisting the knob and pushed it open.

Guanlin was busy looking through some papers at the corner of the room. He turned around and looked at me and pointed to the table. I put it on the the table and was about to leave when his low voice stopped me.

"Did I ask you to leave?"

My eyes widened and swallowed my saliva as I slowly turned around. He was looking at me with a hard look on his face.

He put his hands in his pockets before walking towards me. He stopped infront of me and stared at me, his face expressionless.

"Did I?" He asked, his voice a little bit impatient. He looks like a guy who might explode within a second. I nodded my head, so soft that he might've missed it.

It was just silence. It wasn't a good one. It feels like it's killing you so bad that you just wanna get out of that room.

It felt like hours since he said a word. He was just staring at me, his face still the same. I wonder whether did he ever smile in his life? If he did, that would be the best day ever.

After a long ass silence, he finally spoke. "Do not do that again." He said firmly, making my body shook. "Do you understand?" He growled.

I remember those words. Jihoon would always use that when I break his rules. Those times...

When I didn't respond to him, he rolled his eyes and bent down to my height. Both of our faces were near each other. I sucked in a shocked breath as I just stared at him with my wide eyes.

"Do you understand?" He repeated but in a husky tone. I quickly nod and looked at him with fear. His corner lip went up, making a smirk. "Good." He said in that same tone and stood in his full height.

To be honest, that was...sexy...

Mina shut up!

He cleared his throat, bringing my attention back to him. "Anyway...I need to ask you a few questions since I don't know you very well"  My heart stuttered at his words. Is he gonna ask me weird questions or?