Chapter 71

Guanlin

I entered my room as I slammed the door behind me and slumped onto my seat. My hands went on my forehead as I rubbed my
temple in frustration.

I think I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions and that's making me really stressed. Because of that, I really want to punch the wall at this rate.

Those words that Jihoon said. It kept replaying in my head, like as if I'm listening to the same, old music over and over again.

"Whoever belongs to the Park Family shouldn't step into the Lai Family's place unless for something important. Same goes to the Lai family."

Those words were the most repetitive. Maybe I just realised that Mina broke that rule...

...and I didn't do anything about it.

I didn't want to hurt her. I think she has been through enough to know what pain is.

I totally forgot about this rule until that guy told me in front of my face. The worst part was, he asked me if I should send her back or break the rules.

I didn't know how to answer that question. I mean, I broke the rules that my father made and...am I going to continue to do this?

I don't even know...

That's why I walked up to the office. I really didn't know what to do. I was in a state where all I wanted to do was to escape from that area.

After that, I heard a car driving off. I turned around and pushed myself until I reached the window.

I looked out to see a red car driving away. I calmed down a little.

Finally, he left...

Suddenly, I heard the door open. I turned around to see Sejun entering in as he closed the door behind him.

"Did Jihoon just left?" I asked. I just wanted to ask even whem I've guessed it right.

"Yes." He replied.

I nodded in response. "Where's Mina? I need to talk to her." I said.

Sejun's face immediately changed to a fearful look. The weirdest part is, it didn't look real at all.

I don't know why but I realised something weird about him. He's been acting...really off lately. Like, he looks like he's trying to put on an act or something. That's not his usual self at all.

Maybe, it's just my thoughts. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't keep my eyes off him.

"Why are you acting like that?" I asked, my voice filled with no emotions whatsoever.

His eyes roamed around the room as his throat went up and down with fear. This is not how he usually acts...

If he's acting, he has such great acting skills. Might as well act in some movie instead of working here.

"He...took her along with him too..."

I frozed as my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Wait...what?

"What...did you just say?" I asked, making sure that I didn't hear that wrongly.

He looked very scared that he looked like he might just shit in his pants at anytime. He took in a deep breath as he spoke. "He...
took Mina along with him...too..." He repeated, his voice louder than before.

It felt like everything stopped around me as the world crashed down in front of me slowly.

Am I dreaming? Or did I really hear that?