Chapter 28

New chapter!! Yay!!!

Anyway, enjoy!!!

****

Mina

I was walking back from the kitchen while thinking about something. I wasn't looking at where I was going until I tripped on someone's shoe.

I was about to fall when he immediately caught me by my arms. I quickly looked up to see Sejun giving me a hard look.

I moved back as I stood to my full height. His face changed to worry. "Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"O-Oh...yes I am..." I nodded and gave him a smile. His face changed back to normal after I said that.

"At least you're okay." He said as he smiled. "Anyway, I wanted to meet you before this happened. Guess I just did." He spoke again.

"Oh...why did you want to meet me?" I asked.

"Because Guanlin's father wants you to meet him at his office." He replied.

What?!

My eyes widened in shock. Why in the world does he want to meet me?

"Why?" I asked with curiosity.

He looked thoughtful for a while. "Um...I'm not sure why. He just told me that he wants to meet you." He continued.

I stayed silent. I felt myself getting worried. "I don't think it's serious since you didn't do anything wrong." I heard Sejun reassuring.

I hope.

I let out a sigh. "Thank you for telling me." I said as I smiled. "No problem." He smiled back before walking away.

I was thinking while walking to his office. Did I do anything wrong?

Usually, Guanlin's father would call any one of the maids if they don't obey rules or do something wrong.

What did I do? Have I done something wrong?

Wait...is it about me coming to work late?

No...it can't be.

But what if...

I know that I'm dead if he knows about it. He will punish me. No matter what.

I reached Guanlin's office door. Fear coursed through my body as my heart started to beat faster.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. I saw Guanlin's father sitting at his seat and talking to a man in front of him who's back was facing me.

Guanlin's father's eyes darted to mine the moment I opened the door. The man in front of him turned around. My heart jumped when it was Guanlin.

"Ah...Jung Mina, right?" He asked in a low voice. His voice nearly made me flinch.

I gave him a nod. "Come in." He told me as he signalled me to come in by his hands. I walked in slowly as I closed the door behind me.

I walked to his table and stopped when I reached the chair next to Guanlin. I could hear my heart beating loudly in my ears.

I looked at Guanlin's father as he stared at me from up to down, making me have chills down my spine.

My eyes went to Guanlin who was still looking at me with that same old hard look. My heart instantly skipped a bit as butterflies filled in my stomach.

Why does he look so hot?

Mina, don't get distracted.

Whatever...