Chapter 5- "Fragile Rage. How Rock 'n' Roll?"

I kicked open the door, it was around 10 pm and I was now just coming home from the cemetery

I kicked open the door, it was around 10 pm and I was now just coming home from the cemetery. I stopped crying and went numb. The door shut louder than I thought it would, but I could hear the faint buzz of the T.V.

"Where were you?" My dad came out of the kitchen. 

"The cemetery." I looked up, emotionless. 

"Why?" He looked curious, and clueless.

"Visiting Natalie, of course. It's not like I went there to hang out with some crows and some stone. Is it?" I snapped, trying to move past him. My dad was a tall and broad shouldered man. That made it almost impossible to move past him, he was like a wall. 

"Don't sass me young lady. Don't stay out late. It worries your brother," he scolded me. And I felt a slight kick to my heart. It worried Noah not him or mum. As if I was just a tenant in their house. 

I huffed, storming past him and up the stairs. A chill ran down my spine, shocking my body into the cold that I was feeling. 

"Nell?" I jolted my head up to see Noah on my bed. 

"Noah? What's up?" I asked, shrugging off my jacket. 

"I was just so worried when you weren't home." Noah looked down, almost ashamed. "I thought something bad had happened."

"I was at the cemetery." My voice portrayed my sadness, but my face and my mind felt numb.

"Oh." Noah sunk into the bed, falling on to his back. 

"Yeah. Mum asked me to replace the flowers and I... I just... lost track of time?" 

"Lost track of time? You were there for six hours." He propped up on his elbows. I just hugged myself closer, feeling guilty for worrying him. I now noticed that his eyes were strained and red. His hair was a mess as if it was tugged on. 

"I'm so sorry." I realised he must have been crying.

"No. Don't apologise. You don't need to. Just come here;" he opened his arms. 

I ran over and crashed my face into his chest. No tears leaked, we just sat there in silence. Squeezing each other tighter, as if gripping on to another in fear of losing one another. He kissed the side of my head and hugged me tighter.