intro

"Welcome to DNYL Club!"

Pairs of eyes exchanged weirded-out looks as a British-looking boy popped a small confetti on the stage in front of them. They've been sitting there at the auditorium awkwardly, scattering about on the empty seats and... just awkward.

Going back to the boy, he coughed to hide his embarrassment realizing he's being "too" friendly. He hid his little toy confetti behind him, mentally praying they should've at least respond a simple hello.

"C-Come on! Uh- Please occupy the seats at the front and let's try to compress ourselves to start building our unity!" he managed to recover.

His audience, from different classes, looked at each other first to see whether they'll be doing what this stranger is saying. Thankfully, someone stood up and went to the front, quite encouraging to be followed by the others who gloomily shuffled off their seats.

Sitting next to each other is not that bad, they figured. Some already spared a smile and some are at least, trying to get along with each other.

"Okay!" the boy arrested their attention back to him upon a clap. "You are probably thinking how absurd this club is and of course, how awkward it is right now..." all chuckled at his statement but quickly stifled their laughter. Silence embraced them again.

"But! I swear onto all of you that this is going to be the best club you'd be joining for your entire high school life!"

Someone raised his hand which everyone took notice of immediately. "Yes?" the boy asked him to stand up.

"Is the club going to be.... healing our hearts?"

They almost flinched at the question, getting reminded of the fact that they're mourning their hearts inside. No one would be in that same room if it wasn't for the heart break they are in.

Despite their long faces, the boy on the stage flashed them a smile.

He jumped off the stage and walked closer to the boy asking out of his innocence. His hand rested on the other's shoulder, patting it gently.

"I cannot assure you to fix your heart..." he paused and smiled at the rest of the students intently watching him and waiting for his wisdom, "but I can assure you that you will have a lot to learn from this and we're going to have a hell lot of fun!"

They got quiet again. It isn't an awkward silence anymore, but the silence of letting themselves dwell into the moment and deciding whether they should pursue joining the club.

"So... who are interested to join me?"

Then seven boys raised their hands.