04

Renjun's POV

Flashback

Today marks the seventh month of our relationship. And?

It's done.

A ghost of a smile played on my lips as I eye on the canvas, beauteously depicting another one's smile –her smile.

I can't wait to show her this art I secretly made for weeks.

"Hello, babe?" I spoke over my phone almost instantly after she picked up my call.

"Oh Ren, hey," she replied and my ears perked up hearing her at the other end of the line.

"Are you free tonight?"

The newly washed curtains dance with the wind lissomely by my room's window, spreading its fragrance. Golden drops of sun percolate through them and kiss my face. They all seem to be in harmony as I wait for her answer.

There is silence for a while before she broke it. "Yeah, I have something I've been meaning to tell you too."

"Really? What is it?" both my eyebrows raise. I wonder what it is. Something good? Or bad?

"I'll just tell you later, dummy."

I laughed at her remark on my stupid one. She's right. We should really just meet as soon as possible. My stomach feels like giving up from all these ticklish butterflies.

"Okay, okay. To our secret hideout. 9 am," I told, excitedly. I could feel my heart jumping inside my ribs.

"Okay. Bye, Renjun," she said which made me pout as if she'd see it.

"I love you, babe," I said then she hang up quickly.

That's... odd. She haven't said her I love you back yet. My thoughts began painting incoherent strokes.

Maybe she didn't hear me. And well, it's near nine when I took a last glance at my wall clock. So she's probably in a hurry now. And I must pace up too.

I first cleaned up my mess –paints, brushes, tissues, scraps of paper, everything that would make my mother go nuts again. Then, I wrapped the three feet square canvas with white cloth. I kinda developed an idea of pulling the cloth down later when it's the time, much to my romantic side. After making things settled, I finally prepared myself to a wonderful day.

It surprisingly took me only ten minutes to get on a bus heading to school. Is this luck sparing me some time?

The mentioned secret hideout is a school garden. Nobody goes there but only me. I met Minna at the Arts Club and the garden, comely forever, finally increased by population then. I became one less lonely person ever since.

"Minna!"

The flowers and the grasses and the trees and the birds and the sky and the sun, they seem to smile as always whenever she's around.

I hugged her tightly and spun her, causing us both to fall on the bed and pillows of leaves. Our laughter chimes through the tranquil.

"Geez Renjun, you really love wrestling me to the ground!" she gasps for dear oxygen while she goes on laughing, leaving me to sigh in relief and just watch her beauty.

"Nah, I love you more," a cringe-worthy line escaped my lips, making her quiet.

I was anticipating for her flushed crimson cheeks but she only stared back at me, hushed.

"Ren, about the thing I want to tell you..."

Oh, there's the cue! I should show her my gift before we get lost to whatever we have to talk about!

"Wait- Let me show you something first!" said myself, opting to interrupt her little exordium. "Just sit right there!" I even instructed.

While she shoot me confused looks, my feet brought me under a tree, the only tree in the middle of the school garden. I revealed the canvas behind the trunk, yet still holding the white cloth to cover the whole painting.

"Renjun..." I heard her whisper to herself, staring at my surprise. Her hand went on her mouth.

3, 2, 1!

Tada~

My fingertips finally let go of the white cloth. The white cloth fell gracefully, magnetized by spectacular gravity and showed my girl the beautiful smile I always admire from her.

We, as well, fell into silence.

Until again, she broke it.

"Renjun, y-you didn't have to make me this," mixture of guilt and sadness shone in her eyes, killing me.

"What? Come on, babe!" I let out awkward chuckles. "You know I always love your smile. But I love it more if you see that for yourself. If we could just switch eyes, you will definitely see how beautiful you are..."

Her eyes darted on her feet, her fingers fidgeting. These things only made me stand in front of her and held her hands to my chest.

"Minna, I love you so much. Happy seventh mo----"

"I fell in love with Hendery, Renjun!"