The Blonde and The Brunette Were No More

This memory was submitted by: Shefani_Glake

I met my best friend when I was five, in a bowling alley. Both of our brothers did bowling so every Friday and Saturday we would hang out. She always used to make this joke saying "we met in a bowling alley so where pretty solid" but we weren't. 

When I was about eight I stopped going the bowling alley. I had a bunch of medical stuff going on and I didn't really see a reason to go. I went through a lot after we stopped talking. My best friend commited suicide, my family split up and it was just me and my mom. So when sixth grade rolled around I couldn't have cared less. I had some classes with a close friend of mine and shes still to this day one of my best friends. I remember walking down the hall when I saw her face.

My bowling alley buddy. 

We had the drama together so we would talk but I didn't really like her much anymore. Seventh grade rolls around and we both apply for our school leadership and get it. She was the only person I knew in there so I thought, "why not give it a shot?" 

Yeah, worst mistake ever. 

She still annoyed me some time but by the time the second semester rolled around and we were best friends. Now I was friends with a bunch of eighth graders so when they left I lost most of my friends. Brianna and I did leadership again and we became so close she became the only one who knew why my family split up because last year she had gone through the same thing. I thought she was my best friend but I was wrong. I started noticeing the little things about how she got mad at me for nothing about how she was pushing me onto the back burner. The day of or eighth-grade graduation I told her about how I felt. She got mad and blew up because I was worried she would replace me in high school.

 She did. On the last day of school, I never got to say goodbye to her because she was caught up with her boyfriend or something. I tried calling her texting her but she won't respond. I've called it quits. She replaced me, she used me, she wouldn't respect the things I loved.

And so the Blonde and the Brunette were no more.