Bonus Material

(Tyella's letter, scribed in a neat but hasty hand, in the Weighs language, and left to dry without blotting powder

(Tyella's letter, scribed in a neat but hasty hand, in the Weighs language, and left to dry without blotting powder.)

A/N: So I was going to be all artsy and "easter-eggy" with this letter, and let readers discover its true contents the old-fashioned way... but then I realized this may be especially hard for those of you who only have access to Wattpad through smart phones ... The text below is for you poor souls. —MTM :]

Dearest Pertuli,

Tonight you mentioned how distracted I have been, and you were right, of course. I should have known I could never hide my thoughts from anyone so keen-eyed, but neither could I tell you of my resolve. Not while Kor was in the room.

Please pardon my silliness—I have been so emotional of late—even as I put pen to parchment, part of me screams that I should dash it into the fire. A river of saccharine thoughts plague me, running ceaselessly through my mind and threatening to sweep me away.

Not your fault. You have been wonderful. I cherish the diversions we've shared, especially in the last few months. They have been the pinnacle to our long and perfect friendship. You truly are the most sly and charming tilwenor I've had the good fortune to meet.

As for Koray, he is the rock on which I break. I can't even explain what I mean. He is unlike you and I—so headstrong, quiet, and hard to decipher. When I'm with him, a storm of mixed up thoughts and feelings overwhelms me. My heart races. I can't think, and it scares me. His feelings are like the mysteries of the deep. I know he admires me, but enough? Too much? How can I say everything he is to me? I just don't know what to do.

You are my dearest companions, and I hate that I have been the cause of the growing rift between you. I have decided—I will leave Dragoskala. I am blessed among tilwenna to have been accepted into your bond for the time we had, but I couldn't live in peace knowing I tore your friendship apart.

Don't think me a coward, my falcon... I trust you to understand my reasons for writing instead of speaking my farewells. Kor would try to stop me. You would support me. There would be arguments, maybe blood, and that would be unacceptable between friends who I wish only happiness and peace.

This is for the best. As difficult as I am finding it now, I have resolved to shed no tears for what is past.

Please tell Kor I love him, but that I ask him not to follow me—a clean break is better than one badly healed. I won't even tell you where I am going for I do not know, but maybe West, to a city familiar with adventure and in need of another sword.

I hope your days are filled with happiness, lively experiences and joy. Stay young, for we will be reunited once our stories are told.

Truly and forever your friend,

Tyella il'Fora Si'lidyss