Elton X Reader

This short story is dedicated to @EclipsingWinter- Thank you so much for helping me out in spreading the word for this story and I really hope you like the story I made for you. If you want more just send the requests down in the comments.

__________________________________________________________________________________

You turned your flashlight on, making sure it was good and bright, before shoving it into your backpack. Why did you even agree to go on these adventures? You sighed as you realized the answer and it was simple and frustrating. Because Elton Castee asked you to. And you did somewhat enjoy the thrill of his overnight videos. The adrenaline of fear, whether it be the thought of getting caught by the police or the paranormal superstitions kicking in. You didn't really know whether or not you believed in ghosts or whatever but you weren't exactly ready to find out either. Soon enough, Elton pulled up in front of your house. Sam, Corey, and Colby were all squished in the back so you had the front seat to yourself.

"So where are we going?" You ask as Elton started to drive.

"There's this broken railroad track only a few miles from here and then Sam and Colby followed it one day and found a little shack with a lot of graffiti.

"But it was all like Satanic graffiti, it was weird," Sam cut in.

"Great, let's go to the middle of nowhere in the shack that has a bunch of Satanic ritual graffiti, that makes sense," Corey says sarcastically. You laugh but also sort of agree with him.

"So why exactly do we have to go there and not another place like the trampoline park again?" you ask as you look them all over.

"We said in the exploration video if it got 75,000 likes, we'd do an overnight challenge there," Colby answered.

"And y'all got it," you say with a grimace. Elton laughs at your expression and you finish the ride to the  track. Elton parks the car on the street and you all got your stuff and started down the path, following the railroad track. You stayed close to Elton, finding comfort in his presence. Almost everyone was recording, you and Corey were the only ones not holding a camera. Soon enough, you saw the dark outline of a building coming up. By the time you got to the building, you saw all the graffiti that Sam had been talking about. One side of the building had a hole section that had 6's painted in a perfectly straight line. Pentagrams, runes, and various paintings of demons stared back at you. A sinking feeling started in the pit of your stomach.

"I don't like it here," you whisper.

"Just stay close to me," Elton says as he gives you a reassuring look. You pluck up all the courage you had and nodded, following the group into the abandoned shack. You flash your light all around, half expecting someone to jump out of the shadows and grab you. The wind made a strange wailing sound throughout the whole building and you got a chill down your spine. Over one of the doorways was painted "The entrance to hell." You point it out to the guys.

"Yup, not going in there," Corey says as he immediately turns and starts looking in the other direction.

"I'll do it," Elton says and you whipped around to look at him with wide eyes.

"Excuse me, what?" You couldn't even believe what you heard.

"Fuck it," he said as he shrugged his shoulders. He went as far as to drop his bag on the ground and turn his light off.

"Elton don't you dare-" You were cut off in shock as he actually walked into the room; no bag, no light.

"Duuuuude!" Sam laughs as he points his camera in there, illuminating Elton's shape. "We got our clickbait!" They all laugh and even you cracked a smile as you rolled your eyes.

"Okay, nice work, can you get out of there now?" you ask. Elton laughs and raises his hands. As if on cue, you hear what sounded like a train, coming closer from outside.

"What the hell?" Colby says startled, obviously hearing it too.

"I thought you said it was a broken down track?" Corey asks Sam. Sam looked us with wide eyes.

"It is," Sam said. "Colby and I followed it and the end is just nothing, it leads into the woods and just stops."

"Nope," you say as you turn and head towards the door. "I'm out." You feel a hand grab you and you jump and scream out of reflex.

"Someone's jumpy," Elton says as you realize it was only him stopping you from leaving.

"Well yeah!" you argue defensively. He chuckles at you and you narrow your eyes at him.

"Y/N it was probably just the wind," Elton says, trying to shrug it off. You rolled your eyes.

"No, it was definitely a train," Colby backs you up. Elton glares at Colby.

"Look, why don't we all just relax and try to get some sleep?" Sam suggests. You nod and sit down on the ground, close enough to the door to run if you needed to. The guys all plop down at various places but Elton stayed somewhat close to you. Within about an hour, Corey's snores filled the room and Sam and Colby were also both passed out. Now it was just you and Elton. You weren't tired, you lied to yourself. How could you even think about falling asleep in a place like this? Elton must have read your mind because he got up and came right next to you.

"Get some rest Y/N," he said as he pulled you into his side. You lean your head on his shoulder. "I'll watch over you." You smiled to yourself as you heard those words, and you knew he meant it. Your eyes started to flutter closed and you fell asleep just as you felt Elton kiss the top of your head. "Always."