Chapter 7

Andy's POV

   After Clarice motioned my sister and me to stay hidden and keep quite, I wanted to do the opposite. I had the destructive power among us so if anything went wrong at least I could do some damage and give them a chance to escape. But it was already too late because I saw her leave our hiding space.

   I chose to stay hidden and only come out if she needed help. I listened to the conversation they were all having and wondered what a mutant underground was. I was shocked out of my thoughts when I heard a male voice pointed out that we were behind the boxes. How did they know we were here when I'm pretty sure none of us gave anything away. I heard Clarice deny it but they knew we were here.

   I looked at Lauren and whispered in her ear to wait. I decided to stop hiding and came out standing next to Clarice. I got a good look at the people in front of me. They were dressed casual in jeans and shirts, though the woman had a jacket on her. I noticed from their stance how relax they were, and had no weapons on them that they could hide. I waited for a bit and when they didn't do anything, I reached towards my sister.

   I grabbed her hand in mine and nodded letting her know it was safe. She looked like she didn't want too but came out with me anyway. We held hands still ready to react if this was a trap. I noticed the bulky male stare at my sister, then at our hands and look away. I didn't understand why he did that but pushed it aside thinking nothing of it.

   I thought everything was going okay until the cops and sentinel services pulled up. Next thing I know we are all running and fighting our way through them to get the the strangers car. As everything was going down I saw the guy from before pull my sister under his arm and lead her away from the fighting. She started pulling away but the guy didn't let her.

   I was so focused on getting to my sister I didn't see the other male of the group blow up the cars. I did notice big chunks of the vehicles were heading right at me, but was deflected by my sisters shields. I ran to her notice how she didn't want be held by the guy so I ran pulling her away with me and followed the others lead.

   When I tried entering the van I saw cops getting ready to shoot and I released my power. They all were knocked back and the 2 buildings crumpled before them. I got in the car next to Lauren and we were speeding away.

Clarice's POV

   I was sitting in a cell with a clear window being looked at like a lab rat by the white coats. As I sat there I thought about how I got here in the first place.

   I had no memories of where I was before I got here. All I knew was waking up close to a park surrounded by tall trees. I knew my name and that I was a mutant with strange looks, but I didn't know how I got there or where  I should be at. I started walking in a random direction trying to figure out what I should do.

   I saw a few people stare at me and whisper to each other. I decided I should stay hidden and not draw attention to myself. I turned down a street and I saw a cop staring at me. I sped up my walking but didn't run, though I should have. I saw the cop following me and I knew I had to lose him as I was about to run I heard sirens in the distance. I didn't think I just took off as fast as I could go.

   I had powers but what were they and how can I use them to help me escape. I saw an image in my head of purple energy around my hands. I stopped in an alley and put my hands together to see if I can make what little I remember happen. Nothing happened for awhile and so I took off again trying as I went along. I finally saw purple energy building between my hands and felt my body to move my hands apart. My mind and body knew what to do so I let my instincts take over. I saw what looked like a tiny hole opening with trees inside. I kept trying to make it bigger and I was memorized of what I was doing.

   I forgot I was being chased and felt electricity all throughout my body. I felt myself hit the cement ground and slowly my vision turned black and I was unconscious. I woke up locked in the room I was now in.

   As I was sitting there I looked at my wrist and saw the words I knew were on there. In gold letters were the words "you are extraordinary" I knew common knowledge at least so I knew I found my soul mate already. The words first came out black but will turn gold when you found your other half.

   Where was he then and why can't I remember anything about him. I knew he was alive because the words would disappear if he was dead. I saw the scientist leave and I was now alone. I had to find a way out myself because it doesn't seem nobody will be helping me anytime soon. I tried using my powers again and felt shock run throughout my body.

   What did those bastards do to me. I tried again and the same thing happened. I had to escape find my people I knew were out there and locate my partner who I have no memories of. I tried it again and this time I kept going even though I was in so much pain. I saw what I did before appear and I made it bigger so I human can walk through it easily.

   The sirens blared throughout the building and I heard footsteps pounding towards my cell. With nothing else to lose I jumped in my portal and ended up at a grocery store. I knew I have been here before but I couldn't really remember. I heard sirens and I took off thinking how could they have found me so fast.

   I ran and turned down an alley and kept making turns trying to lose them and finding a safe haven for me to rest. I didn't notice anybody ahead of me because I was busy looking behind me to see sure I wasn't being followed. That when I ran into someone and we both fell down. I looked up and saw a young boy and girl who looked like they were high school kids.

   When I heard they were running away from sentinel service I knew they must be mutants like me. After we exchanged words we took off. Then more mutants found us as well as the government's dogs. Fighting happened and next thing I knew we were speeding away in a van. I still felt anxious because I wanted to find myself and the people I knew deep down I left behind. But for now I'm grateful I escaped and had people to help me.

That's the end and yes Clarice has a soul mate already. I'm not gonna tell you who it is but it will probably surprise a lot of you. But I thought it would be interesting and fun writing about them. Thanks for reading and stay tuned.