Chapter 16

Lauren's POV

   I was in the library writing in my diary thinking about the moment I had with John. I felt him staring at me while I was helping kids learn how to play cards. Than when we passed each other on the stairs he squeezed my hand. I'll admit it felt nice to have someone like John to help me feel safe.

   I have 1 more month til I become 18. It seemed the right amount of time to get to know each other better before making it official. I was happy he didn't want to rush into things like me. We have our whole lives to be with one another so a 1 month wait won't be so bad.

   I was writing about John and what I know about him so far. He has a brother too and I would like to meet him eventually. I felt someone sit next to me and saw it was Clarice. She seemed to be into the book "Pride and Prejudice" so I didn't disturb her.

   I was continuing to write til I saw a shadow covering my diary. I looked up and saw it was Nico from the day before. What did he want I wondered, so I gave him my attention like he seemed to want.

   "Hey do you need something?"

   "Actually I was hoping you can help me get the kids downstairs some more cards to play with."

   "Nico does getting cards really need 2 people."

   "No, but I thought it would a good idea so I can get to know a new friend."

   "Okay but it needs to be quick I have to find my brother in awhile."

   I followed him but he was walking in the opposite direction from the storage.

   "The storage is in the other direction, why are we going this way?"

   "I checked it already none were there, so I was hoping one of the rooms had any."

   "Oh you know we're not aloud in these rooms."

   "Come on a quick look in this room, and if its not there we'll leave."

   "Fine but let's hurry before we get caught."

   I followed Nico as he tried opening one of the doors. It was locked and I was relieved because we could head back without being in trouble.

   "It's locked let's head back."

   "Lauren please have faith."

   I saw him raise his hand towards the door and slightly tilt it to the side. I heard a click and next thing I knew the door was being open by a smirking Nico.

   "How did you manage that?"

   "I can use telekinesis as my mutant power."

   "Wow that's super cool, but I'm heading back I don't want to get in trouble."

   "Why the rush come in," he said pulling me with him in the room.

   "What the hell Nico."

   "Lauren now that we're alone I was thinking we should hook up."

   He moved closer and picked up part of my hair and smelled it. Out of instinct I put my shield up between us to push him away from me. It worked because he was knocked backed a bit, but it didn't do any damage. I searched with my eyes for another exit but sadly it was behind Nico.

   "Lauren babe make this easier on yourself and think about how great a couple we will be."

   "Couple! I barely know you and in case you didn't see it but I found my soul mate," I said showing him my wrist.

   "So we can have fun on the side, your man doesn't have to know."

   "Are you crazy! No I'm not like that at all."

   "Let me show you how good I can make you feel."

   He descended on me again, but I had my shield up for protection. I was going to scream as loud as I could for help. I never got the chance because I felt a force push me against the wall knocking the breath out of me. I tried moving but I wasn't able to budge. I looked at Nico as he uses his powers to hold me while looking around the room.

   I looked around as well and notice weapons throughout the room. If I could get to one I will have a chance to escape. I couldn't shout yet because I was still trying to catch my breath. Nico moved me away from the wall and had me kneel on the ground.

   "Be good I'm doing this so neither of us get injured."

   "Screw you."

   "I'm going to be screwing you soon."

   That being the last thing he said he tapped my mouth shut, tied my hands behind my back and my legs together. I was helpless right now and also very scared. Is this how I'm going to lose my virginity I thought. I felt his power over me go away and he brought out a knife cutting open my shirt. Silent tears fell down my face as I closed my eyes.

   Some one please help....John I thought in my head as Nico continued to tear apart my top and fondle my breast. I thought I was done for until I heard someone break the door down. I opened my eyes and saw John in the door way. Thank God, but how did he find me and knew I needed help.

   Nico got up and went straight for a gun he had beside him and pointed it towards John. I saw John with a scary look in his eyes and saw all his anger in his expression.

   "You better step away from her before I kill you right here."

   "Well look Lauren it's John, how did he know we were here?" I heard Nico say.

   "I said put the gun down Nico before I do something I'll never regret doing," I heard from John.

   "I think I should kill you instead."

   Nico started shooting at John while he ducked for cover. I watched on helplessly half naked and embarrassed.

   "Stop shooting there's explosive weapons here that will kill us."

   "Yea how about this then."

   Nico then used his powers to toss a large tank at John. John used his strength to hit it away outside the room. I then see Marcos come running to help by using his light power to heat the gun to a boiling point. Nico dropped it and went to find another while taking cover.

   While Nico was trying to fight Marcos John ran towards me, picked me up, and took me outside of the room away from the crossfire. He pulled the tape away from my mouth and started untying my hands. Before he was able to finish we saw one of Marcos rays hit a mirror in the room. Nico managed to get out of the room before it hit the tank.

   Marcos ducked for cover while John covered me with his body. There was an explosion and all I could see was smoke and dust. It took awhile for it to clear, but it did and we both looked for Nico and Marcos. Marcos was safe in the back of the room because he ran down stairs. I looked down and saw a huge gap of the second floor gone, and Nico at the bottom injured and badly burned.

   My attention was brought to Andy when I saw him and Skylar next to the mess and looked up catching my eyes. I forgot how I looked right now and leaned into John covering my exposed chest with his body. I must have still been crying because I noticed the tear marks I left on John's shirt. He finished untying me and brought my gaze to meet his.

   His eyes held anger but he brought me into him kissing my forehead and holding me. Before words could be exchanged between us, the building started to shake. I looked down and saw Andy advancing on an unconscious Nico.

   "He needs to stop before he does something he'll regret," I told John.

   "Marcos will handle it, but I just need you in my arms to know your okay."

   He took off his shirt and put in on me so I wasn't exposed anymore. He picked me up and took me away from everything. I felt the shaking stop and new Andy was alright.

Finally got to it. Sorry about the wait on why Andy was mad a couple chapters back, but now you know. Look forward to the next chapters.