Chapter 13

Clarice's POV

I opened my eyes and saw the walls of a room. I focused my eyesight some more as I sat up and noticed John standing in the door way. I could have sworn I fell asleep on the couch in the library.

"I went looking for you yesterday and found you sleeping, I carried you back here to rest."

"Oh thanks, um why are you here watching me sleep."

"I've been here for a Minute debating if I should wake you or not."

"Why?"

"I promised you I'll help you remember and I have someone I want you to meet."

"Can I have breakfast first I'm hungry."

"Haha sure here you go."

I caught a pouch of oatmeal with an apple. I looked up and saw him pointing to a pot in the corner with bottled water. I started making my breakfast and noticed him still standing there.

"While we wait for me to finish eating care to tell me why you look happy."

"I met my soul mate who's 5 years younger than me, and she agreed to wait a month until she's of age to give us a chance."

"Wait so you have to wait shouldn't you feel impatient instead of looking happy."

"No because she was ignoring everything about it including me, but we're both going to get to know one another better."

"Wow well then congrats, now why don't you tell me who I'm going to be meeting."

"Right her name is Sonia and she's a really great friend of mine, she has powers to give, take, and see memories."

"So your hoping she can help me find my memories?"

"Yea she's going to be here soon so it can be private, so better hurry."

It took me 10 minutes to eat and other 5 minutes of getting to know John before there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Clarice right, I'm Sonia I hope your ready for our session."

I nodded my head and saw John leave promising to come back later. She knelt down in front of me and looked me in the eye smiling.

"I'm not going to lie, but this might not work and I don't want you to feel too dissapointed."

"I'm ready please help."

I saw purple mist come from her mouth and enter through my nose. I closed my eyes and saw black. I started getting frustrated and I felt sharp pains in my head.

"Clarice your pushing away my influence, relax try to open your mind and think of nothing else."

I did what she asked and felt the pain slowly ease away. I didn't freak out after seeing all the black around me.

"Okay we'll try something easy, try thinking about the place you lived at and the people who raised you."

I focused my mind thinking of the word house and hoped it will work. At first there was nothing, but I saw an image form around me. I saw a house in the middle of the woods with a play ground set.

"That's good Clarice now try imaging people at that place," I heard from Sonia.

I saw many kids form next, all who were mutants with noticeable looks separating them from the normal looking people. I saw an old couple looking at them on the porch smiling. Wow so many kids than I saw myself come out as a kid and start swinging on the swing set.