First Foul

I am Sandara "Dara" Park.

I'm famous for having the patience of Buddha and for being unfazed in front of anyone at any situation.

People tease me about how I have apparently perfected the "poker" face but this is only because I've learned that when you are the team manager of a basketball club, you need to be as tough as nails for the boys to respect you and for fangirls to know that you are not one that they can mess with.

Still, this does not mean I am not prone to being irritated or annoyed.

May mga pagkakataon din na my tolerance has been tested but out of everyone I know, there is one person who has been able to really rub me the wrong way.

I guess you could say we started on the wrong footing.

Since I began last year, I have been assigned the task of taking care of all the freshmen.

It was my first day meeting a handful of them a few months back and a couple of the new guys were running late.

One in particular is Kwon "GD" Jiyong.

In the middle of my orientation about their training schedule, he arrived at the gym looking really sorry for his tardiness. I accepted his apology and directed him to sit in front.

Before letting each one of them go to start training, I handed each of them copies of their schedule and their locker room assignments.

I didn't know how it happened but in the midst of giving GD his copy and while he was kidding around with some of the guys, somebody pushed him with enough force for him to lose his balance and eventually land on top of me.

I would have never had an issue about it.

Things like that do sometimes happen.

However, he had both his hands landing on my breasts.

Hindi kasing-laki nang dibdib ni Ruffa Mae ang hinaharap ko pero no one has ever touched my boobs in front of more than 30 men and a crowd of shrieking fangirls. My poor virgin breasts!

I exhaled for about three times before I stood up and tried my best to show everyone it didn't faze me.

GD, in a hurry to apologize to me, bowed to say sorry but only ended up banging his head against mine, making me see stars in the process.

Someone had to step in to make sure I didn't suffer any more physical harm from him.

"Sorry. Sorry" I heard him say again.

"Ok na. Tama na. Sumama ka na sa training, baka ma-injure mo na ako" I told him, shrugging off the whole incident.

Wala naman akong mapapala kung gawin ko pang malaking issue bilang hindi naman niya sinasadya.

As my co-manager checked for my condition, the forgiveness I had given him was of utmost sincerity until I heard one of the new trainees tease him.

"Pre, mali naman e. Hindi ganyan magpa-cute sa babae."

GD let out a self-depreciating laugh and answered "At least hindi nya ako makakalimutan kahit kelan."

Everyone laughed and started saying "May bago nang love team!"

The loudest voice I heard that time belonged to my biggest crush in the world, our Head Student Manager, Kim "Hero" Jaejoong, who walked towards me to check up on me as well.

Gusto kong lamunin ako nang lupa.

Kuya Hero shouldn't be pairing me up with another guy.

If anything, bakit hindi sarili niya ang iasar niya sa akin??? Ano ang paki ko sa baguhang player na yun!

AND....

AND.......

AND WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT ANSWER FOR?!?!?!?!?

ANONG URI NANG SAGOT YUN KWON JIYONG?!?!?!?!

When I looked at GD again, all traces of apology had gone from him and he was laughing it up with the other seniors.

"MAKAKATIKIM SA'KIN ANG BATANG TO ANTAYIN LANG NIYA!" I vowed to myself. Sobrang inis na inis ako!