Answers To Yo Bootiful Questions!

Question from _binbin_
Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in this series? Or something you wish you could change or add?

This is a hard one. I could say putting Andi on the chopping block is something I regret doing, but I don't. I don't really regret anything I've done in this series. There were times where I wasn't happy with a chapter, or even an entire book (looking at you The Path of Time). But in the long run, I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. I wouldn't change a thing. I don't regret not doing something in this series either.

One thing I love writing and reading in books are quotable lines—lines that you can plaster on posters, T-shirts, notebooks, the list goes on. Lines like, "you'll understand someday" and "you keep up". One thing I wish I could add are more lines like this. I wish I could add many lines that could make these books just as memorable as Andi herself.

Question from someBODY3101
What time period do you like writing about the most?

I think the period that I enjoyed writing the most was Victorian London in The Path of Time. Though it was short, I loved writing it. When I first started on Wattpad, I was planning on writing a Jack the Ripper story and that ended up falling through. A lot of those few chapters were taken from that unfinished story.

Question from LeviHeichouCorporal
Is Andi your favorite character you've ever written?

She's certainly one of my favourites. She's made a huge impact on my writing in general, especially when it comes to character creation. I've found that her kind of personality makes appearances throughout all my other works—Bek from Blood Ties, Theo Thorne from The Masquerade, Sebastian Hunt from Silver Tide (a new project coming soon!), and Sera from And I Rise (on ACourtofStorms). A lot of Andi shines through those characters, so I would definitely say she's in my top three favourite characters.

Question from madison332
Was it hard writing the part in the book when Andi died?

I think you know the answer to this question. Yes, it was hard. It was very hard. I've been writing Andi—going on this adventure with her—for three years. It's been a long, hard, but amazing three years, and having to say goodbye to her in the fashion that I did, I struggled.

Question from John_Doe12
What was your favorite moment in the series as the author and which was the hardest?

This is a very hard one. There are so many moments writing this series that I've loved, but was also hard to write. The deaths of the Lord of Time and Primavera in The Path of Time were pretty hard to write. The same goes for Chameleon. I'd even say that Eilian's death in Out of Time—the very first scene of this entire series—was hard to write. In fact, I think death scenes in general have all been difficult to write because I've had a kind of friendship with all these characters, even the Lord and Lady of Time.

But I think it's very clear that Andi's final scenes in Swan Song and the epilogue were the hardest to write. I won't lie, I was crying while writing them. It was just as hard for me to write as it was for you and everyone else to read; I had to take breaks. It was hard to let go of a character that I've spent three years with. It felt like I was breaking up with her in a sense. It felt like switching life support off a family member. It was hard. Very hard.