Prologue.

Thousands of sharp red lights shot from the dragon statue out from each scale, illuminating the already bright day's sky.

The villagers all stood frozen, some cowering in terror watching the scene unfold. Their eyes were squinted, hands raised to shield the almost unbearable glare from the bright light as it resembled staring directly into the sun. Heat emitted from the statue adding to the already sweltering heat of the summer's day. The sound of slow crumbing stone filled the gated area, the dust drifted down. The air became foggy, making watching the scene even more painful. But the villagers watched on anyways, unable to tear their eyes away. In the distance horns sounded from the castle signalling the unknown threat but it fell upon deaf ears.

As the stone crumbled loudly to the ground, scales emerged from underneath. Silver in colour, tainted by a metallic blue that the sun reflected off. The once silent air was filled with a thunderous roar as though the furious cry of the dragon was once frozen too andonly now continuing as it came back to life.

Slowly, the head moved, neck craning side to side to stretch the muscles as a popping sound dully played amongst the roar. Then the shoulders moved towards with the wings and the legs. At first the movements were stiff, almost mechanic looking until after a few powerful flaps of the wings and the muscles in the beat were rippling and contracting with each movement. The air from the movements of the wings was cold, snapping some of the villagers out of their shock as some fell over from the powerful gust.

Once the roar had subsided, the only thing heard was the screams and shouts of the villagers, some running away and some frozen in shock as the burning red eyes took in the scene from the corner of its eye. The humans were still tiny, so small compared to the dragon's ginormous and powerful form. The dragon looked on with distaste. If the dragon was not so pissed from being frozen, it would almost laugh at the tiny things running away, some stumbling and some falling to the ground in shock.

But its eyes always stayed on the one in front of it, the girl with blonde and red hair holding the silver ring of the dragon.

It was clutched tightly in her hand, her eyes unmoving from the dragons as her blood ran cold. It could see the fear in the girls frame, however the shock had frozen her body. His powerful tail moved, knocking out a chunk of the castle wall as it swung towards the girl. Only now did she move, trying to scramble backwards on the rough gravel, her hands stinging as rocks dented and scraped at her skin. To her movements avail, the tail securely wrapped around the girls torso. Wings spread to their full size and legs crouched, the dragon leapt into the air, wings flapping as the ground became further and further away from them.

The girl, trapped encased in the tail, clutched to the scales for dear life watching as the once huge castle become nothing more than a spec in the distance.