Rap Beef (Eminem/Dr Dre Vs. Ja Rule)

2002: The conflict between Shady, Aftermath Records and Murder Inc started after 50 Cent signed to Shady Records and Aftermath. Ja Rule and Irv Gotti expressed dissatisfaction with Eminem and Dr Dre for signing an artist that they had beef with. Ja and Irv threatened to take action if they went through with the signing of 50 Cent and release any tracks that would tarnish the way they are seen by people. However Ja says that the beef dates back to 2000 where Eminem inherited the beef.

Of course they signed the 'In Da Club' and 'Window Shopper' rapper to their labels and released his diss tracks, which meant that all hell broke loose.  Ja Rule's track "Loose Change" attacks not only 50 Cent, but Eminem and Dr Dre. The song also includes lyrics that attack's Eminem's family including his daughter, Hailie who was seven at the time. The lyric which angered the rapper, Eminem was "Em, you claim your mother's a crackhead and Kim is a known slut. So what's Hailie gonna be when she grows up?"

2003: This then caused Eminem to fire shots back at the New Yorker with the help of D12 and Obie Trice. They released a track named "Hailie's revenge" where Hailie appeard on making fun of Ja Rule, which must of hurt a little bit.

Busta Rhymes joined in too as he was featured on the track "Hail Mary" which was a remake of the late rapper Tupac's song with Eminem and 50 Cent. This was done as Ja made a remake of another Tupac song called "Pain." The rappers felt as though Ja couldn't compare to Tupac so they made that perfectly clear and mocked him for trying to be just like the deceased rap icon.

Ja Rule expressed about his beef with 50 Cent and Shady Aftermath: “It’s really nothing to handle because these guys don’t really want beef, they just want to talk about me and sell records. If they see me, they’re gonna go the other way and keep talking about me and selling records."

2004: Later on in the height of the beef Eminem releases "Like Toy Soldiers" where he explains that he is not a coward, but instead wants to be the bigger man and end the fued, he says lyrics such as:

"That Ja shit, I tried to squash it, it was too late to stop it, there's a certain line you just don't cross, and he crossed it
I heard him say Hailie's name on a song and I just lost it. It was crazy, the shit went way beyond some Jay Z and Nas shit" and other lyrics such as "I'm just willing to be the bigger man if y'all can quit poppin'off at your jaws, well, then I can, ‘cause frankly I'm sick of talkin'I'm not goin' to let someone else's coffin rest on my conscience."

The beef doesn't only speak on the beef between himself and Ja but with Source magazine owner, Benzeno and a long fued between former Death Row owner Dr Dre who Eminem was once signed too, and Suge. He also discusses how himself and Dre tried to tell 50 not to get diss Ja, but the beef actually started due to the fact Ja continue to take shots at 50.

Ja Rule and Irv Gotti has since announced that the beef between themselves and Eminem is over and that the beef only started because of his occasion with 50 Cent.

Who won this one? The line about Eminem's daughter, Hailie should have never came out. Before, Eminem was taking the beef like a joke as he usual does but that's when things turnt serious.