37.

GATE B32 SHAY

New York (JFK)-> London (HTW)

Hours later, I blushed as Justin held me against his side after we made it through security. Both dressed in casual clothes, it felt different walking through the airport without the demands of work.

"Will you be flying the private plane alone?"

"No." He looked down at me. "We'll have a relief pilot aboard for midway through the flight and one flight attendant."

"Why do we need both?"

"So you and me can make up properly over a served lunch and fuck in the clouds."

"What?" My cheeks reddened again.

"You heard me." He smirked, leading me toward Gate 24A, where my family's flight from Boston was set to arrive. He kept me close as we waited in our chairs, shocking me by kissing me in public every few minutes.

It was twenty minutes past arrival time when the flight finally arrived at the gate, and as suspected, my family of first-class-only buyers were the first people off the plane.

"I'll be right back," I said to Justin, standing up and walking over to my mother.

"Well, hello, Shay," she said, pulling me close for a hug. "You look lovely this morning."

"She does?" Amy chimed in immediately. "You live in the city of fashion and you're wearing ripped jeans and T-shirt? I guess."

"I was being nice, Amy," my mother said. "I'm sure when we all go out for the proposal later, Shay won't be dressed like this. She'll be dressed like the rest of us. Right, Shay?"

Brian shook his head and shot me his usual, "I'm sorry, kid" look. My father hugged me and said he was ready to get some rest, and as I started to pull the key card for the Madison out of my pocket, Claire began her usual line of questioning.

"Did you and Ben make up yet?" She gave me a fake look of sympathy. "Or did he realize that he was the real catch and you were the one who needed him more?"

"Ha!" Amy laughed. "You're late. Ben has moved on already-I saw a picture of him on Facebook with, shocking! Someone who looks like she's actually doing something with her life. She's an author, I think."

"Oh, how very wonderful," my mother said. "Now, that's impressive. Maybe you can call Ben and ask to be introduced to her, Shay. Since you edit, maybe you can ask to edit her upcoming books? Maybe she can get you in the doors of a publishing house?"

I gritted my teeth, ready to finally tell them "Fuck off" for good, but I suddenly felt Justin slipping his arm around my waist-suddenly heard him whispering, "Don't."

"I think you should introduce me." he whispered a little louder, planting a brief kiss on my forehead.

"Mom, Dad-" I paused. "The rest of you, this is Justin. Justin these are my parents, Amy, Mia, Claire, and Brian."

Brian and my father immediately extended their arms for a handshake, but all of my sisters-even my mom, were standing still and staring at Justin, looking completely awestruck.

"This is your boyfriend?" Amy asked, blinking a few times as she shook his hand. "This, um, is Justin?"

"Yes." Justin answered before I could, keeping his other hand firmly attached to my waist. "I was surprising Shay with a flight today. I didn't realize it coincided with your proposal-" He looked at Brian. "But we'll do our best to be back in time."

My sisters nodded in unison as he flashed his pearly whites. This was the first time I'd ever seen them completely speechless and I immediately committed the image to memory.