Chapter 4

AN: I fortunately had this done a few days ago but wanted to stay on schedule~ Also the last couple of days were spend nursing migraines and trying to keep the Christmas tree unscathed and upright. But with two kittens, well, I'm sure you know how well that went. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter and be sure to check out the characters post to see what our new characters look like. And do let me know whether you like it or not~

-

Chapter 4:

Drayce made his way quickly through the streets, paying attention only at the street signs and markers. Ashton said that the healer he knew of lived relatively close by, so he was rushing to meet with him and ask for his help.

He rounded a blind corner quickly, paying no mind to whether or not someone else was close by and taking the same path as he was. And, just his luck, he found himself colliding with someone. Someone taller than he was by at least half a foot. They also seemed to be quite muscular too.

Uttering a low 'oof' from the shock more than anything, Drayce stumbled back a step only to feel someone latch onto his upper arms and holding him in place. Startled, Drayce blinked as he found himself staring into an obviously male chest, a chest that was completely free from any type of clothing. Muscular, taut, the skin was a dark mocha brown and seemed to have several jagged scars.

Tilting his head back, Drayce found himself looking into a pair of narrow blue eyes. The blue of the person's eyes were quite striking; a vivid blue, like that of crystal clear water.

The man appeared to be a Celestian. His elven like ears, however, were scarred, as if torn and was forced to heal quickly, but roughly.

When the man blinked slowly at him did Drayce realise that he was standing chest to chest with him, the man holding Drayce by his arms, essentially holding him in place. Against his chest.

Naturally, Drayce uttered a sound of surprise before placing his hands on the man's chest and launching himself back away from.

"Whoa, hey, totally sorry about that!" Drayce exclaimed as he stumbled back. "I was in a hurry and wasn't looking where I was going."

The tall Celestian said nothing, didn't seemed to make an attempt to reply. He just stared back at him. Though his eyes were narrowed, he had this rather curious expression on his face. As if something was piquing his interest.

"You should not be in such a hurry," he unexpectedly said, his voice quite deep and surprisingly lethargic. "You could hurt yourself."

Drayce gave a nervous laugh. "Y-yeah, I normally don't rush like this," he said. "But I need to find a certain address as it's really important. Are you, ah, a local? I'm new, you see. Arrived yesterday and stuff."

"What address are you looking for?" the man asked, thankfully interrupting Drayce's surprisingly nervous ramblings.

Drayce snapped his mouth shut as he lifted up his hand that had the now rumpled piece of paper with the address on it. He handed it the other man, who took it from him wordlessly.

As the man unfolded the paper to read it, his eyes unexpectedly narrowed further and there appeared to be a flicker of realisation on his face that lasted only a minute. He wordlessly folded the paper and handed it back to him.

"Why?" he suddenly asked.

Drayce was honestly caught by surprised by the man's short and abrupt question. At first he was a little irritated by the man's abruptness, but he remembered that brief look of realisation and wondered if, perhaps, the man knew of the Botanical Genius that Drayce was looking for.