Chapter 18

AN: Another short chapter and another one filled with information, bit I promise that the next chapter will lead us back to some action. Please be patient~

-

Chapter 18:

"It was less than twenty-four hours since we've been here last," Blayke commented as both he and Drayce stepped from the carriage the moment it pulled to a stop in front of the Council Hall.

"I know," Drayce said with a half-smile as he closed to the door to the carriage and singled to the driver that they were free. "He's going to get sick of us really quick, isn't he?"

Blayke snorted lightly as the two of them quickly made their way up the tall stone stairs to the hall and pushed their way through the usual masses. "Well, it would prove to him that he made the right choice in hiring you as a treasure hunter."

"Awww, you're so nice~" Drayce couldn't help but tease, but only earned him a roll of the eyes from Blayke.

They quickly made their way into the halls of the council and made a beeline to Ramus. Thankfully he didn't appear to be speaking with anyone at the moment so that allowed them to hurry straight up to him.

"Hm?" Ramus murmured as he lifted his head up and a flicker of surprise appeared in his eyes. "Oh, hello once again."

"Hey," Drayce greeted in return with a half wave of his hand. "Sorry, we know it's getting late but we need to have another little chat."

"Of course," Ramus immediately but politely replied as he made a motion with his hand to follow him. "Let's head into my office then."

Once more, in less than twenty-four hours, Drayce and Blayke followed Ramus to his office. He ushered them in first and they quickly moved over to the usual two chairs and sat down as he closed the door behind them. He had a mixture of interest and mild concern on his face as he sat down in his chair to face Drayce and Blayke from across his desk.

"You have news on the Radiant Moon, I take it?" Ramus immediately asked as he folded his hands atop of his desk and gave them his full and undivided attention.

There was no point in beating around the bush. Just lay it all on the table and see what they could do next afterwards.

"Yes and no," Drayce answered. "Good news is that we were able to transfer the spell on Caelem's back onto a piece of mana infused parchment. The sorta good news is that it while it does mention the Radiant Moon; it also makes reference to someone called The Forgotten Princess."

Ramus' eyes subtly widened before he furrowed his brow in a confused but still intrigued manner. "Forgotten Princess?" he repeated. "Could that be referring to the princess who had allegedly stolen the Radiant Moon all those years ago?"

"We seem to think so, too," Drayce answered as rested back into his chair. "Also some more information you might be interested in. The spell that Caelem had carried is called Moon Legacy and Shashi, a symbolist and a friend of mine, believes that the Moon Legacy was first created out of necessity but was soon regarded as a burden and forced onto others, which was what happened to Caelem. Also that Moon Legacy is the key, or rather compass, that will lead to possibly the Radiant Moon or even something connected to the Forgotten Princess."

"That's..." Ramus murmured softly, truly not knowing what to say. He honestly hadn't expected any of the information Drayce had just delivered to him.

Blayke uttered a sigh as he leaned forward the rest his elbows on his knees and furrowed his brown into a serious expression. "Both or either, they are important to the royal family, so we can assume that should anyone else learn of this Moon Legacy, they may become interested as well."