Chapter 1 : Nightmares

So this is my first upload and I really don't know what to expect of the reactions I will get.

Please don't hesitate to criticize.

I will make corrections on my work.

Here is chapter 1 of my book : Secrets aren't to be kept; promises are to be broken...

Chapter 1 - Nightmares

"Run!" I screamed a gut-wrenching, ear bleeding sound.

"Trace!" "Run! Now! " I screamed again, hoping this time, he'll listen to me.

He stood and looked at me, hesitantly then turned and ran as fast as he could. He stopped, turned around and looked at me.

"I love you Charlie." He said and his voice broke at the end, at the sound of my name.

"I love you Trace." I said in a weak, frail voice, yet with a sharp tone to it.

I let out a weak sigh and turn back to face the disaster that I got myself into. I turned my head slightly and at the corner of my eye. I saw Trace still standing there in shock.

"Trace, go now!" I said in a sharp snarl. "Now!" I commanded, with him still staring.

He turned and kept on running, just as I expected or at least hoped he'd do.

I turned to face the monster that was trying to kill my best friend, Trace. Trace Harlow. Then it hit me, with a rush of wind to my face, a bright light, one that I've seen before; the light that scared you. Makes you feel out of mind and tell you, you're far away from human sight.

The pain hit my chest like a rhino's tusk stabbing through my chest. I was laying on the ground waiting, waiting for something to tell me I'm alive. The icy air rushed through my veins, stopping my blood from flowing. My body froze and with the pain, I gasped.

"Ahhhh!" I stood up screaming and gasping for air.

I looked around, only to find myself in my room, on my bed, safe and sound; away from anything harmful, but myself.

I laid back down, breathing heavily, looking around.

"Everything's ok." I said, trying to calm myself down.

"It was just a dream...just a dream..." I trailed off thinking about how real it felt. I nodded as I thought about it over and over. My body was heated, making little droplets of sweat gathering at my forehead, I still felt cool. I looked at the clock and it was 3:42am. I've only been asleep for at least 2 hours, and it seems as if I've been in that "dream" forever.

I felt myself relax a little. I got out of bed and walked over to the window. It was raining, the wind was fierce, it was a thunderstorm. The thunder roared and then the lightening came after, I turned around as it flashed and saw... I saw... salt. Salt was on my floor, all over, on my window sills, around my bed, in the doorway. Every opening and place I would sit still for a while.

"Salt?" I asked myself, remembering ...the dream...

"What the hell?" I said to myself.

I touched it. It was salt alright, cold and ...salt like. Everything felt so confusing.

I walked out the door and down the hall to the bathroom, I turned the lights on. I walked over to the sink, resting my hands on the edge; I looked at myself in the mirror, examining every inch of my face. I looked old. I had dark circles under my eyes. I touched my face looking at my skin. I was dirty. Yes. Dirty. My skin had dirt on it, as if I've been rolling in mud the entire night.