Chapter 2 : Hospital

Chapter 2: Trace's POV - Hospital

"Vos mos..." she whispered and her eyes closed tighter.

"Licentia simul!" she shouted.

She was dreaming again, or should I say she was having a nightmare. She's been getting these a lot lately; making her speak in an unfamiliar tongue. So strange, I've never heard her speak anything but English.

What was making her do this? Act like this? Speak like this? I know she's the same Charlie, but her voice, her voice was full of anger and hatred towards the unknown being that she spat the words to.

"Licentia..." she said again, in the same tongue.

I watched her, her body laying there, cold and white, like a corpse, like a vampire's body, dead but fully alive.

Her long black hair surrounded her pale white face, her faint pink lips sealed and her olive green eyelids protecting her beautiful hazel eyes. Her body was snowy white, cold as ice and still; nothing like Charlie. But she was there, under this, this body. She looked nothing like the Charlie I knew. Except for her face, that will always remain beautiful.

Whatever happened that night, I'll never forgive myself for not being there. I promised her, I'd always be there when she needed me, or needed help. I have no idea what happened, if I was there, I could've stopped it, or at least tried to.

Charlie is my best friend and as her best friend I need to protect her. Like we vowed to each other a long time ago, when we were little and nothing like this ever happened to her. Nothing like this ever happened to us. I promised to love her no matter what. She is everything to me.

"Nullus!" she opened her eyes and screamed.

I stood up and touched her face to see what had caused her to scream.

That word, I've heard it before...but where... nullus? ... Hmm how weird.

"Charlie..." I said to her, interrupting my thoughts and ran my fingers through her hair, holding her.

She grabbed my shirt and I heard her heart beating against my stomach. It was fast and abnormal. I didn't pay anything attention to this.

"Charlie, you're safe, I'm here." I said trying to calm her.

"No one can harm you, I'm here." I said to her, clutching her closer to my chest.

She let out a sigh of relief and took her hand from where she was grabbing at my shirt and moved it up to my face without looking. She then looked up at me puzzled.

"Trace...?" she said in a puzzled voice, matching the expression written on my face.

"Yes Charlie?" I answered her.

"Where are we?" she said confused. Her voice was different; it was weakened, from when I heard her talking in her sleep.

"We're in the hospital, love." I said to her, half smiling at her curiosity.

"Why?" "What happened to me?" she asked again even more curious.

"I'll tell you later, right now I need to get the nurse to look after your head." I said to her, pouting at the band aid around her head.

She reached up and touched her head with a look of wonder written on her face. Curious as to what I was talking about.

"Ouch!" she said, closing her eyes and crinkling her nose, then let out what sounded like a gasp.

"Don't tou..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I stared at her.

Her eyes were wide and she was staring at nothing; looking as if she was in some sort of trance.