The Last Vampire: Part 3

CHAPTER3

Footsteps echoed down the hall. Making Ella’s already cold blood freeze. Was it the 'master'? Maybe one of the guards? Ella braced herself.

The footsteps stopped and there was a cough outside of her cell door. Not a sick cough, but more of the kind used to capture someone’s attention. Ella tilted her head slightly to her left and-to her relief-it was Lora. Smiling, Ella turned her face to the girl and walked over to her cell door, reaching through the bars to hold her face.

Lora blushed as Ella stroked her face and she set the food tray down. There was nothing seemingly special about Lora; she was just an ordinary, seventeen year old human. And that’s what Ella liked about her. She was even here against her will just like the gladiators.

Leaning her head against the bars, Ella smiled. Looking into Lora’s honey brown eyes, she forgot about the dream and pretended she was human just like her.

“They wanted me to bring you extra food today.” Lora said in a soft voice. Gesturing to the tray.

Looking at the tray, she saw that Lora wasn’t kidding. The portions were near three times what she usually got. Even the bottle of blood had to be at least 16 oz larger than normal.

“You know I don’t have to eat much,” she laughed at Lora, “They’re just being ridiculous.”

Lora slid her the food from beneath the bars anyway. Then she stood up, it was time for her to go.

Before she could turn to leave, Ella reached for her hand and kissed it. Blushing, Lora walked on to continue her duties. She got a few feet away before turning around and reminding Ella of her meeting she has to go to with ‘the master’.

With that comment, Ella’s happiness soon disappeared. She had forgotten about her dreadful meeting with that Damned wolf.

“That temperamental ass is just pissed cause I’m just about gone.” Ella muttered in spite of her ‘master’.

Picking up the bottle of dark red liquid, she popped the top off and gulped it down.

Refreshed, Ella dropped the bottle down onto the tray and debated on what to eat. They had given her an arrangement of raw meat. Steak, pork, venison, and . . . . wolf meat? Ella smirked and asked herself softly, “Is this a test?”

Picking up the platter of meat, Ella went back to her bed. She first ate the steak and pork as civilized as she could. . . Then she looked at the wolf meat. That smirk crept back to her lips as she let her canines and molars grow to their rightful length. Licking her lips, Ella pictured this hunk of meat as being her ‘master’ and sunk her fangs in as deep as they would go. After draining the meat dry, she dropped it onto the floor with a sigh. She smiled as she ate the venison and decided she was clear to take a nap. If that man wanted to speak with her, he’d have to wait.

Ella awoke hours later hugging the bloody platter. In slight confusion, she set the thing onto the floor and groggily looked around her cell. It looked as if someone had come in and cleaned out her uneaten food and. . . “Did they really leave the door open?”

Shaking her head, Ella walked over and peeked out. The cells around her were empty. Confused, Ella walked down the corridor. She didn’t run, leap, skip, or fly. She simply walked calmly up to the guard’s station and knocked on the window.

The man behind the enforced, bullet resistant glass looked up at Ella with a bored expression on his face. Sliding the glass, he addressed her, “The master is letting everyone in the courtyard. He says you all are getting too weak. . . What are you still doing in here?”

Ella looked at the man with curiosity. He was young, probably in his mid twenties. His arms were huge though. However, he was still just a human.  Pretty handsome one at that. Smiling, Ella leaned into the window and read his tag ‘Jacob’.

Deciding not to kill him, Ella thought of an even better idea. “Well Jacob,” she said, looking into his deep green eyes. “I just thought that I’d stay in here with you.”

Jacob blushed almost as red as Lora did earlier. His eyes traveled down to her chest and Ella knew that this was going to be too easy. She folded her arms in a way that made her chest seem even larger. Lowering her voice to almost a purr, Ella leaned back and looked at the gate that opens her to not only this guard, but to the outside world.

Trying to focus, Jacob blinked at least a dozen times and stuttered out, “W-well you. . . You need to either g-go back in your cell or-or go out with the rest of them.”

With a soft giggle, Ella put on a fake pout. “What if I don’t wanna?”

Jacob looked shocked. He reached towards his ring of keys and began to stand up. “Well,” he started, “then I’m going to have to take you back to your cell.”

“This could actually work to my advantage.” Ella thought to herself with a smile. “What are you waiting for then?” She teased him.

A bit too enthusiastically, Jacob got out of his chair and opened the door. Before she could say or do anything, he pulled out his handcuffs and pulled her hands behind her back. She heard a click and winked at him as he pulled her back to her cell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, I’m done for the day.