Chapter VIII

Nervous

As Connor kept typing, Evan's anxiety built up and up. He didn't text that many people, so he was nervous he would do something wrong.

As soon as the typing stopped, Evan felt a sense of relief. It faded when he realised maybe Connor stopped and wouldn't talk with him. He wanted to talk to Connor and now he finally could. He didn't know how.

Evan thought that he was awkward and boring. He thought of himself in ways that made him seem awful. He wasn't awful. He thought he knew that. It's just no one else but him thinks that yet.

Evan had liked Connor since 11th grade where he met him. He saw him in the bathroom and Connor stared into his eyes for a few seconds, silently telling Evan to move out of the doorway. Evan remembered it like it was yesterday. He didn't know why, though. He didn't even understand what was so great about those six seconds.

He felt weird thinking about his crush in the bathroom a year ago. He also felt weird wording it like that.

~

The truth was Connor did want to talk to Evan. He was nervous, too. It's just hard for Connor because he thinks he'll scare Evan. He doesn't want that.

He thinks this because he is easily six inches taller than Evan, Connor wears a ton of black, he swears like a sailor, he does drugs, and he scared everyone else in the hallway, so why not Evan too?

Connor wanted a way to relate with Evan, other than their problems. He wanted him to be comfortable when they talked.

Zoe had already done so. Of course she had. She does everything perfectly. She's smart, friendly, pretty..um..pretty cool, Connor thought. No wonder Evan opened up so quickly.

And Evan is still hesitant with Jared, who he has know since they were smol. Evan didn't know if they were friends or not. Jared had always emphasised family friends. Since the other day, after Jared has established that they were friends, it worried Evan to think that Jared might actually be mad at him.

~

Jared was nervous about Evan getting nervous. He knew this entire thing was a mess and that the author of this fanfic sucks at fights and whatever. (I agree, Jared. I agree.)

Jared had been very fond of Evan since they were little kids. Jared was ready to apologise. Not that he hadn't been before. He just wanted someone to actually talk to.

Jared walked into rooms like he has friends everywhere but he doesn't. His narcissistic attitude is to cover up insecurity and fear. He was almost as bad as Evan, but he tried to hard to hide it all.

He really only had Evan.

Evan really only had Jared.

Connor had...Evan?

~~~

This was kind of a meet the characters and their problems kind of chapter.

No dialogue.. No real plot.. Just the guys.

This was also short like the last chapter: 470 words.

I promise they'll get longer. Hehe.

Thank you so much for sticking with this! Tell me if this is getting boring, by the way. Please. I want y'all to be happyy. Heh oki.

Thank you for reading my tree bros trash.

-Kayla