Chapter 1

"Jooheon."

Hearing that particular name of a person was enough for you to spit out the veggie salad you were munching back to your metal tray and atop the table. Oddly, your school's cafeteria was silent and the spraying sound of your mouth drew attention from other students that were eating and buying lunch. But you didn't mind.

You grabbed a glass of water and drank it all in just one shot. After gaining your composure and wiping off the bits of what you were eating from your mouth and your uniform, you turned to your best friend who was looking at you with her weirdly cute puppy eyes that you almost puked again.

"You mean Lee fucking Jooheon?" She nodded slowly as if she was in a trance and your jaw almost dropped. Unbelievable. You never really cared about other students in your school before, except for your best friend, but this guy has some reputation that even people out of your school knows him. He's one fucked up chickboy who goes around playing with every girl he meets on his way. Fortunately, you were able to avoid going on his way for the last three years of attending the same high school with him. But not anymore. Well, not for you exactly, but your best friend.

"So he is the one you were talking about last night? The one who kissed you and asked you out?" Again, she nodded with that dreamy look in her eyes. You're beginning to feel sick. "What the hell were you thinking, Nancy? You know what he's like! He's nothing but trouble!" You don't mean to sound rude but you can't let someone like Jooheon break a fragile glass like her. You may be best friends but she's way too different from you. Physically-wise, yes, 'cause she's the real definition of the word 'pretty' and damn, she's too naive. You, on the other hand, is much more rugged and plainly ordinary. Boys like Jooheon is what you hate the most.

"But Y/N, you know I've been having a crush on him since forever, right? Aren't you happy for me? He finally noticed me!" You rolled your eyes. Of course he'll notice her. "I know you hate him so much but won't you cut him some slacks? He's really different from what you think of. He's actually a nice guy. And really cute." She giggled and bit her lip. For the second time, you rolled your eyes.

"Whatever you say. If he does something unacceptable to you, I'd surely rip his balls off. I'm dead ser- Ah!" You whimpered exaggeratedly when she hit your arm.

"You're being gross again, Y/N!"

"And you're being too naive."

Your lunch was spent with her babbling everything about him and your ears almost bled. "He'll take me home later and you're gonna meet him officially. And his friends. I know you have a thing for Yoongi." You stopped on your tracks and turned your head harshly at her. She was giggling, obviously teasing you.

"Don't you dare, Nancy." You narrowed your eyes on her.

"C'mon, Y/N." She hugged your arm and continued pacing down the hallway to your next class. "I can see how you look at him from afar." She continued to tease and you can feel your face heating up. Well, it's true. Yoongi has been your crush since the first you saw him inside the school library, sleeping head down on the table. While in the middle of his sleep, he turned his head and you saw his face. Damn, he was beautiful. You've never been attracted to any guy before. And for three years, you've been keeping that feelings for yourself but Nancy somehow abled to figure it out.

"I-I'm not having a crush on him." Your voice came out like a croak and she just giggled.

"Yeah. Sure."

-

The school bell rang and everybody got up to leave. You were stretching your arms on your seat when Nancy suddenly grabbed your arm and dragged you out of the room. "W-Wait! Why? What's the rush? Yah, Nancy-"

"Did you forget? Jooheon's taking me home and he's probably waiting at the gates now. And we're meeting his friends!"

"Can't I just go home? I'm tired. Your boyfriend will take you home anyway." In fact, you're just too nervous to face Yoongi in case he's really there with Jooheon waiting. Never in your dreams that you wanted to introduce yourself to him. You're too embarrased.

"No. And you're not tired. And he will take us home."

"Us?" No freaking way. But before you could say any protest, both of you were already out from the building and was a few steps away from the gates.

"They're here!" She squealed and your heart dropped to the ground. Leaning on his car, leather jacket around his shoulders, snapback on his head, was Jooheon. Beside him was Yoongi. There were three other guys with them, Wonho, Namjoon, and Hyunwoo. Of course, his whole gang would be with him. The five popular boys in school.

As if sensing your presence, Jooheon turned to you and he smirked. You just wanted to wipe off that smug look in his face with a punch. He straightened up and smiled wider, his dimples showing. "Hey, baby." Your brows furrowed. Was he looking at you while saying those words? You can't tell. His eyes turns into narrow slits when he smiles so you really can't tell if he's looking at you or your best friend.

"H-Hey, Oppa." You almost scoffed when you saw how Nancy blushed. You looked at Yoongi and saw him staring at you. You stiffened and dropped your gaze. "This is my best friend Y/N. The one I was talking to you about." She nudged you slightly as if telling you to say anything. But you're still caught up with the stare Yoongi gave you.

"Oh, Hi Y/N! These are my friends. I bet you know their names already?" You shot your gaze back up to Jooheon, the smugness on his voice was unbelievable. This guy is too much.

The other guys greeted you both with smiling faces that were so bright, your nose almost bled. 'Cept for Yoongi. He was just looking at you with a blank expression on his face.

"So shall we? I'll bring you home." You wanted to say no but Nancy was already dragging you, again, towards his car. The guys bade goodbyes before going on their way. You saw Yoongi ride his big bike with Namjoon.

The ride was mainly you being silent and Jooheon and Nancy were the only ones talking and giggling like a lovestruck fool that she was. She's seated on the front seat beside Jooheon and you on the back seat. Since Nancy's house was nearer than yours, she was taken home first. But you won't stay alone with him inside his car for another ten minutes.

"Bye, Oppa. Thank you for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow." She turned to you at the back seat with a grin. "Text me when you get home, okay?"

"No, I'll get off here with you." No way Jooheon's gonna drop you off at your house. No one knows if he's gonna take a detour or something.

"C'mon. I'll take you home." He was looking at you through the rearview mirror. "Go inside now, babe. See ya tomorrow. I'll call later." He kissed her cheek and you frowned.

"Bye!" She squealed and gets out from the car, waving at you while the car started moving.

"So.. Nancy told me-"

"I don't like you for her." You cut him off and now that you two are alone, you can get your brutally frank mouth to work. Surprisingly, he chuckled and it made your blood boil.

"I know. But I like her." His annoying eye smile was getting into your nerves.

"You're just going to play with her and toy her until you get what you want. Then drop her when you're done with your business. I know you. The whole school knows what you're up to."

"Ouch. That's prejudice, babe."

"I'm not your 'babe'." You're already gritting your teeth.

"I'm not breaking up with her, though."

"You will. I will make her realize that you're one annoying playboy."

"You can try."

"She's naive and she's my best friend. I can't let you hurt her. Back off."

"Then make me." The car stopped and he turned to face you. His smiling smug face irritating the hell out of you.

———————————————————————————
A/N :
Updates will be every 2 days since I'm quite busy with work. Anyways, this is my first book. I hope you like it guys! And some of you might have an idea, Nancy from Momoland is the 'best friend' here in the story 'cause I like her. She's so pretty.