Playing Hard to Get (A Sweet Pea Imagine)

My mom and I moved to the Southside about a week ago. She wanted a different scenery than Greendale, and she couldn't afford a house in the Northside. Thus, we're here.

There I laid on my bed with my face buried in my pillow. My arms are tucked underneath the pillow and I continue to doze off.

A couple minutes later, my alarm released it's obnoxious:
Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

I slam on the snooze button and went back to sleep.

"Y/N! Get up! Time for school!" She exclaims.

I groan and lift my pillow over my head in attempt to block out her voice. She knocks on my door and says:

"Y/N, come on! I'm not going to be late for my job on the first day!"

"Then leave me here and go to work." I say back.

Oh! Not to mention that my mom's job is the English teacher. Apparently, the previous teacher quit because she couldn't take the Southsider's delinquent behavior and attitude.

She opens the door and pulls the covers off of me.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N! If you don't get up, I will drag you out of bed myself." She states.

I groan as I get up from the bed. She looks at my 'pyjamas'.

"Y/N, what have I told you about this?" She ask referring to my lack of clothing.

Basically, I am wearing my bra and boxer shorts; that's it.

"This is not what a lady wears to bed." She states.

"Well Mom, it's not my main priority to be 'ladylike'. If nobody want to see this." I say motion to my body.

"Then they can not look at it." I add.

She huffs and crosses her arms.

"Ma, I'm a tomboy, okay? You know this, I'm not the kind of girl who likes to dress up in curvaceous dresses and wears make-up... that's just not me." I say.

"Okay, okay. I know, I'm sorry. It's just.... you can do much better." She states before closing the door behind her.

I take a deep breathe and begin to get ready. I clean my room first, then I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a ponytail. I slap on a pair of soft, stretchy jeans, a Marvel T-Shirt and my favorite black sneakers.

I grab my book bag and hustle out the door. My mom grabs the keys and looks at me from head to toe.

"Well at least you're not wearing sweatpants." She states.

"I was debating." I state walking passed her and went into the car.

We arrive at the school and she presses a kiss to my cheek before saying:

"Have a nice day. And keep the attitude to a minimum okay? Not all teachers can deal with your sarcasm like I do."

"What sarcasm?" I ask innocently.

I laugh at the look she gave me.

"See you in eighth period." I state before walking away to my second period class: Math.

I open the door and the room silences. Silence was soon replaced with wolf whistles and comments I don't wish to repeat.

"Class, this is Y/N Y/L/N. She's transferred from Greendale High." The teacher speaks.

"Do you go by anything? Any nicknames?" He asks.

"No. It's just Y/N." I say.

I scan the room and meet the gaze of a tall, raven haired boy. His bangs falling onto his forehead. He smirks at me because he knows that he has my attention.