Wedding Bells - Chapter 4

That night had a speciality of its own. The stars had some extra brightness and the sky had some brilliant colours!
Baraat function was going to take place in Monal Marquee, Islamabad. Asfandyar was wearing a white sherwani with a little embroidery. He looked handsome more than ever! On the other hand Zubiya was getting ready in the beauty parlour! She instructed the beautician to do the makeup and dress her just the way Asfand likes - simple and beautiful. Gaiti bhabi stayed with her to help her with her dress and that she stays comfortable. After half an hour, they left for the marquee where Asfand and his family were waiting already for them to come! Zubiya's brother and Khala had also arrived a while ago! Just as Zubiya entered the marquee and stepped on the wooden floor leading to the stage alongside Gaiti bhabi, all the lights went out and were concentrated into a single spotlight that shone brightly at Zubiya and guided her the way to the stage! All of a sudden, fireworks started and Zubiya walking among them, dressed in a red lehnga, paired with an electric blue dupatta and a short shirt, looked ethereal! Oh poor Asfand, he was spellbound by his wife's enchanting beauty. As Zubiya reached the stage, he helped her climb the stage by gripping her hand tightly! Then they both sat down! Asfand said to Zubiya, " How're you?" Zubiya replied, " I'm always good when I'm with you!" A: "Kya baat hai apki!" *Zubiya smirks*
All of a sudden Saim came out of nowhere and sat in the middle of them both and said to his Asfi chachu, " Asfi chachu apko yad hai larkion ke sath pyar se rehtay hain." Asfi replied, " Jee beta mujhe yad hai, yeh baat main kese bhool sakta hun." And then both Asfi and Zubiya broke out into laughter!
Saim ran away and all the barat rituals took place. After the doodh pilai by Zubiya's bhabhi, doctor Asifa handed them a mirror under the cloth cover. Both looked at each other in the mirror and smiled. That moment was precious. After that, the waiter shouted, "Khana khul gaya hai!" And everyone ran towards the dishes and reached out for the plates to get the maximum food 😂 leaving the bride and groom alone. Rukhsati took place after half an hour. Asfand and Zubiya were seated in the backseat while Dr. Shehroze and Dr. Asifa were seated in the front seats! They were all set to leave for Neelum valley! After a tiring journey of almost 6 hours, they reached their destination where everyone was already waiting for them. Just as Doctor Asifa looked back to tell Zubiya and Asfand to get out of the car, she saw a beautiful sight that made her smile. Zubiya rested her head peacefully on Asfand's shoulder and Asfand's head slightly tilted towards her. Both sleeping with their hands holding each other's. To wake them up, Doctor Asifa said, " Chalen gee uth jayein ab ap log, ghar aa gaya hai!" Zubiya waked up suddenly and said, "Pata nahi kab ankh lag gayi." Then she waked Asfi upand both went inside. Lubna Aunty, Usman uncle, Gaiti and Dr. Haroon welcomed them whole heartedly! After sitting sometime with the fam bam, Asfi and Zubiya went to their room because Lubna aunty told them to. Asfi gave Zubiya a diamond ring as Moon- Dikhai gift. He reached out for her hand and slid the ring through her fingers. Then they both remembered their hospital memories when Asfi was a چنگیز خان and Zubiya was always afraid of him! And then Asfi showed her the I LOVE YOU text message she sent to him by mistake. Zubiya tried to justify her by saying, " Yeh to maine ghalti se.." A:" Ghalti se sahi jagah per bhaij diya tha, yehi kehna chah rahi ho na?" Zubiya smiled and shook her head. Asfi said, " Promise you won't leave me."
Z: " Don't even think like that, ever. I'd rather die than leave you. " ❤️