3 ~ contest entry ~

Katie's POV

Since it was summer and I had two weeks to work on the contest entry, I spent as much time as I could on the project.

I took a bunch of pictures and deleted a bunch too. I needed my entry to be perfect; I had to win.

I would work on it for hours trying to capture the perfect pictures. I would go outside and sometimes my parents would send Brennan or Ryan to come get me to eat meals.

"Wow, Katie, I feel like we never see you anymore," my dad said one afternoon when I came inside for dinner.

"Well, I'm really focused on this contest entry," I explained as I began to serve myself food.

"Could we see what you've taken so far?" Mom asked.

I shrugged and handed her my camera. She and everyone else scrolled through the photos and gave me positive feedback.

"They look great, Kate, I'm sure you'll win," Mom said with confidence as she handed me my camera back.

"Thanks, I hope so," I replied.

I quickly finished my dinner and went back outside to take more pictures before the sun would set and I'd lose my natural lighting. I got in a few more pictures and went back inside to look through them as the sunset began.

I plugged the camera's SD card into my laptop and scrolled through my pictures. There was a lot I liked but a lot I didn't like. I deleted over 120 pictures and had 30 left to choose from.

"How's it going?" Ryan asked as he walked in.

"Okay, I guess, I just have to pick which ten or less I'm using," I explained, my eyes not going off of the computer screen.

"That looks good," Ryan pointed to a picture, and he was right; the lighting and the angle were perfect.

"Yeah! Thanks, Ry Guy," I playfully ruffled his hair. He gave me a fake scowl as I laughed and he left my room.

I continued to look at the pictures before finally picking out the 10 I liked most. I put them in order before sending them to Caleb.

 I put them in order before sending them to Caleb

I emailed the pictures to the contest email with a smile on my face

I emailed the pictures to the contest email with a smile on my face. I felt pretty confident with my pictures.

I closed my laptop lid and changed into my pajamas before crawling into my bed. I was exhausted from everything I had done today, including chasing down a bird earlier today who stole part of my snack. So once I had gotten under the covers, I immediately fell asleep, dreaming of winning the contest so I can finally meet Caleb.

•••

A/N: oopsie i haven't updated this in almost 4 months, sorry guys

as you probably know i've been crazyyyyy busy lately so i kind of went MIA in this account, which i truly apologize for. my life was going up and down and still is, so i'm trying my best to balance school, my life, and wattpad, which feels like some crazy juggling act at the circus 😂

but how have you all been? did you miss me? ;) 😂 jk

what did you think of this chapter? i know it was kind of boring, but i felt like making a chapter where it was just her working on the contest entry, especially since nothing is happening yet 🤷🏻‍♀️

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)