6 ~ the leblancs ~

Katie's POV

We only had 2 more days left in California, and ever since the beach day, I had spent every moment possible with Caleb.

He took my mom and I sightseeing around LA and Hollywood, showing us the walk of fame (he made me take a picture with Paul Rudd's star because I told him how much I love the movie Clueless) and the Hollywood sign and his favorite touristy shops. It was a lot of fun, although I have to admit, the best part of that day was when my mom walked ahead of us and Caleb grabbed my hand in his. I may or may not have had my face flush a deep pink, but nobody has proof.

"So, what else do you want to do with your time left in Cali?" Caleb asked over the phone one night.

I laid in my hotel bed on my stomach, of course watching Clueless, as I replied, "I kind of want to go to Disneyland on the last day."

"Okay, but what about tomorrow? You do have two more days," Caleb continued.

"Um... if I'm not overstepping, maybe I could come over? Meet your family?" I asked.

"If you're only asking so you can meet my sister, the answer is a big fat no. I don't want you using me just for clout," Caleb replied, half joking.

"God, no, I'm not that type of person," I laughed. "But is it okay if I come over?"

"Sure, I'll bet my family would love to meet you. What time?"

"How about one PM, gives me time to sleep in and get ready? Time zones are messing me up, man, I gotta catch up on sleep."

"Sounds good, see you then," Caleb replied, and although I couldn't see him, I could tell he was smiling through the phone.

•••

Caleb came and picked me up at exactly one PM, driving us over to his house. Thankfully Billie Eilish was playing on the radio this time, both of us singing karaoke to Ocean Eyes.

Soon enough we arrived at Caleb's house, which was a large and beautiful LA home that was probably more expensive than my house's worth tripled, including everything I owned.

"Wow," I mustered out after standing outside his front door staring for a few moments. "You live here?"

"Yep," Caleb let out a small laugh as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You wanna come inside now, or are you just going to keep staring at my house?"

"Oh, right, there's an inside," I said as Caleb snorted. He opened the door for me and followed me in, a delightful smell of chocolate chip cookies baking filling the atmosphere.

"Mom, Katie and I are here!" Caleb called out just as three dogs came running at us. A brown one jumped on Caleb as he laughed. "Hey Piper! The white one is Winnie, and the little one is GG."

"Aww, hi!" I cooed as GG leapt up into my arms. I carried her around like a baby as a woman walked in smiling at us wearing an apron.

"Hello Katie, it's so nice to meet you," she smiled as she gave me a hug. "Coincidentally, I'm Ms. Katie, so my name shouldn't be hard to remember."

"Definitely not," I laughed.

"There's the two other little devils," Caleb announced as two younger girls walked in.

"How dare you associate me with your kind," the smaller one glared at Caleb before smiling at me. "I'm Hayley. That's Annie." The older girl waved at me and smiled.

"Nice to meet you two, I'm Katie."

"Oh, we know," Hayley winked.

"Caleb never stops talking about you. It's a little obsessive, if you ask me," Annie added.

"Okay, you two have had your fun, it's time to go now," Caleb said through gritted teeth as he nudged his sisters in the opposite direction.

"Butt-face," Hayley muttered.

"Stink-breath," Caleb shot back. "Sorry, they can be annoying."

"It's cool. I have two brothers, so in a way, I can understand," I said.

"Brothers? Must be nice."

"Not as much as you think. They really like using me as a body pillow and sometimes throw food at me if they want me to leave the room; having brothers can be so disgusting."

Caleb laughed. "If only you knew what it was like to have two little sisters."

"Why? Do they practice their makeup on you?" I smirked. "God, I'd pay to see that."

Caleb rolled his eyes. "They only do that when they buy new products and want to test it out on our 'matching skin tones', whatever the heck that means."

"Aww, Caleb the model," I grabbed his cheeks and shook his face from side to side.

"Shut up," Caleb laughed as he threw my hands off his face. "Come on, I can take you to my room, we can play Minecraft or something."

"As long as it's not Fortnite, I'm fine," I replied.

"And what do you have against Fortnite?"

"My brothers play it practically nonstop and sometimes drag me in to play with them, I just need a break from seeing Fortnite dances."

"Here," Caleb banded me a controller to his Xbox before starting up the Minecraft game. We ran around like idiots and kept trying to blow each other up with TNT, or burn down buildings we tried to build and ended up chasing each other around with more TNT as revenge. Soon enough we decided to build a "roller coaster" together and tested it out, laughing hysterically when a random cow got stuck in the mine car.

Unfortunately, it started getting late, and I needed to head back to the hotel to pack up my things since tomorrow was our last day. Luckily I'd be seeing Caleb again to spend the day together at Disneyland, but then unfortunately head home.

"This was fun, I love your sisters by the way. Especially Hayley, she's so sassy," I laughed as Caleb pulled up in front of the hotel.

"Yeah, they seem to really like you," Caleb smiled. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yep, see you tomorrow," I smiled back, locking eyes with him. I leaned in and kissed his cheek before running off, partly too scared for his reaction, and partly to see if maybe it left him thinking about it for the rest of the night.

It was definitely the latter, because I shyly turned around and could tell he was blushing.

•••

A/N: my writing on this account SUCKS rn because i haven't written in so long that my writing style has changed, so i'm trying to make a transition to my newer writing technique and it's so hard 🥵 so sorry if this sucks lol i'm trying

anyway i hope you enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)